• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You know you're bunny mad when...

Schez

Mama Doe
1) you don't mind a bunny scabbling at your hair to wake you up 2:20 in the morning

2) you reach in your bag to get your purse to pay for something and a sandwich bag of fenugreek crunchies gets pulled out with it... :oops:

3) you are leaving the house and realise you have hay in your hair and bunny fluffs all over your clothes... :roll:

4) you go shopping with a set list and come back with another idea for the bunnies...

5) you get texts and picture messages from friends and family who find bunny themed items - sent with the caption "I thought of you" ... (My friend found Haribo bunnies and my sister has just snap chatted bunny shaped biscuits... It's going to be a looooooooong Easter.... :lol:)

Let's hear yours! :D

Love this thread! :D

1) I have absolutely no problem jumping off the sofa/elsewhere to look out in the garden as soon as I hear a thump (and have trained OH to do the same!)

2) I spend half the time at home in a place where I can spin round to look in the garden to prevent any reasons for thumping (mainly cats)

3) Same, I go out shopping and come back with new ideas/items they can use

4) Online shopping is now more exciting when things arrive as they have a new box to play in and whatever I've ordered generally gets put to one side until I've finished watching them play/investigate

5) In the last 12 months, I have received more bunny shaped chocolate than I would actually want to eat :lol:

6) The most recent present bought for me was a giant rabbit slipper for both feet :oops:

1 All the greens in your trolley are for the bunnies

2 Wonder what the bunnies are up to when your not at home

3 worry about the OH looking after them when you go away (I have a hen do soon)

4 Brush the bunnies hair more than your own

5 People asking you have the bunnies are like they would ask how your kids are

My mum always asks after the rabbits when she phones.

I try to plan my day so that their routine isnt changed.

I think about them as soon as I wake up in the morning.

If I look at houses (out on dog walks or online, or visiting friends) I imagine the set ups you could make in the space available.

I get excited about egg boxes and large cardboard boxes.

I find grass and dandelions very interesting.

I ask the neighbours for their (untreated) brambles!!!

I don't have sleep ins any..cannot possibly delay brekkies.

Cannot work late. .. delays bunny tea time and free range.

The dining room is now the Warren.

A perfectly good couch now belongs to the buns.

A perfectly good carpet is now more hair than wool.

Hubby and I no longer go out together during the week at night. .. buns need their free range time.

I feel ever so smug that my Cheyenne is the only snuggle bun we have. .. and only with me. ♡♡♡

Wouldn't change a thing

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1 All the greens in your trolley are for the bunnies

2 Wonder what the bunnies are up to when your not at home

3 worry about the OH looking after them when you go away (I have a hen do soon)

4 Brush the bunnies hair more than your own

5 People asking you have the bunnies are like they would ask how your kids are

This when all I am getting is bunny food and then remember something random I need to pick up. There was a time when all I needed was spring greens so picked up 2 bags but remembered I also needed bleach and loo roll while I was in the shop - the look on the cashiers face was somewhat confused :lol::lol:

You are not bothered in the slightest about bunny poo, and only mildly annoyed about pee.

You only buy greens for them.

You pause the television when they want to sit on your chest and lick your face.

You consider sending off for paintings of pictures of them.

Every box ends up theirs.

You let them groom your hair even when you just got it done at the salon.

You always think about them, even at random times.

When you happily sit and twitch your nose at them to have a "conversation"... and when your OH comes to you to tell you he had one of these "conversations" with the rabbits after rolling his eyes at you doing it :lol:

When you come down at 3am in the morning when you have to be up at 530, because some bun stomped and you have to go tell them both that everything is ok and give them a reassuring cuddle (even though they live in the living room, nothing dangerous could happen to them, unless the hamster escaped and turned vicious!)

When you wonder at work what the rabbits are doing at home (it's sleeping, it's always sleeping during the day :lol:)

When you are so impressed with a pile of poo you have to call your mum or tell RU how proud you are of them :lol:

Agree with all of this! I'll add some of mine though.

1) your baby bunny pees on your new & expensive sofa and you don't care. Your stepson comes round a few weeks later with stitches in his hand & OH wants to change the dressing & you send them to the kitchen to avoid any bloodstains.

2) your mum texts you to ask how her grandchildren are & you reply with an update.

3) you don't care that you're permanently covered in hay, fitch & bunny fluff, even at work!

4) you've got no money, but you still splash out on treats & toys for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread idea :)

1) when you find random poo in your pocket/bag/car/shoe and you're already out and away from the house.

2) you find random bits of hay, sometimes somehow even on the car roof.

3) every room has hay tracked in it, even the bathroom.

4) the carpet doesn't stay tidy and no hay/bun fluff on it for more than 2mins after hoovering.

5) your hoover hose gets a hole in it after a bit of hay piercing it.

6) you play tig with the buns.

7) you attempt to binky and only get disaproving stares from somebun.

8) you can tell when somebuns going to pee from the way they behave.

9) you know all your buns pee faces, ie the blank look as they gaze off into the distance.

10) when the first thing you do before getting avocado to try is check if its safe to share a bit with the buns. (its not so more for me :lol: )

You eat more veg so there's more leaves/stalks for the buns

You divide all vegetables/herbs into 4, one portion per bun

You go round B&Q, asda and the like thinking "ooh that looks like a great hayrack/foodbowl/litter tray

You sneak a few seconds cuddle from one of the buns then spend all night worrying in case she is ill (despite her obviously being fairly lively as she flicks her feet out and scratches your face) as they aren't cuddle buns

Bunny binkys and nose rubs give you a warm fuzzy feeling for the rest of the day :love:

You worry about the bunny you look after once a year whilst owner is on holiday as poor bun is in a 4ft hutch no run :evil: and nails were atrocious last year, and keep offering him a home to no avail despite not needing/wanting any more, and keep giving advice to owner on deaf ears :cry:

Thought I'd bump this by adding:

When a member of staff at Asda makes a joke about how much veg you're buying by referring to it as "rabbit food" and you reply by telling them that it is, in fact, for rabbits.

When you find yourself sweeping 2/3 times a day even though you know they're going to make a mess again.

When you cover your sofa with a shower curtain and towel at night because they like to lie on it, and pee!

When you break your foot bunny proofing :roll:

When you spend time staring at a box wondering how you can make it "fun"

When your friends talk about their children..you talk about your buns :thumb:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

When your friends talk about their children..you talk about your buns :thumb:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Yep, my new colleagues in my new team at work all ask after my bunnies now :love::lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely when you walk pass lawns & think wow that grass is amazing or you see some weeds you desperately want to pick in someone's garden!

Back