• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male or female? *close up photos of bunny bits*

jazxo

Mama Doe
I know they're not the best photos but it was quite challenging to hold her/him and take the photo at the same time :lol:

image_zps7ca63741.jpeg

image3_zps0399b8c7.jpeg

Also excuse my awful blue chipped nail varnish.

These photos are of Luna. Up until a few weeks ago I thought Luna was a boy because that's what I was told when I got him. From a reputable rescue/boarding facility. He/she was VERY young when sexed so a mistake could have been made there. Luna is estimated to be 4-6 months so testicles should be visible by now.

I'm assuming now that Luna is a girl but just want you guys to double check!

I think Luna is a Laurence although it has been known for me to get it wrong! You wouldn't be able to see his testicles as they will be hidden in the fur and you will have to dig around a bit.

I'd actually say boy, although it's tricky to tell from a picture. Boys have a dot on the end of the bit that pops out and girls have a slit. Bunnies can suck their testicles up so you won't be able to see them all the time. Maybe get your vet to check :)

This is why I'm so confused! There are absolutely no testicles there and a vet has checked and said female (only went along with that I assumed, it wasn't a confident answer) but definitely no testicles.

Could he have retained testicles? :? Oh this bunny lark drives me mad sometimes :lol:

Thanks everyone

I would have said boy as well from the photo's. Our George was mis-sexed and turned into a boy at 5 months. We had to really search for his testicles.

Another way to possibly tell if Luna is a girl or boy, can you feel any nipples/teats around the edges of her belly?

Looks like a boy to me though it would help if you could pop it out a bit more :oops::oops: (and males and females have nipples so thats no guide)

Sometimes young rabbits have very flat testicles and you have to search quite hard to see them. If they are cold they can withdraw them. :D

Looks like a boy to me though it would help if you could pop it out a bit more :oops::oops: (and males and females have nipples so thats no guide)

Oh right, I wasn't aware of that. I've never felt them on George and Hershel, just our doe Harry.

(Off to see if I can find nipples on George and Hershel now) :shock:

It took ages for the vets to find Badger's testicles. Hence why he was only done 2/3 weeks ago & Blueberry ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does anyone remember sox and his antics of putting his bits back into hiding each time he went in to be done at vets, so got sent home 3 times :lol: bless him they where only size of peanuts the day they said oh sox you forgot to hide something this time :lol:

does anyone remember sox and his antics of putting his bits back into hiding each time he went in to be done at vets, so got sent home 3 times :lol: bless him they where only size of peanuts the day they said oh sox you forgot to hide something this time :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: that's hilarious! Badger did the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back