• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Funny coloured urine

plom3

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

I don't know if you have seen my other post, but I moved my rabbits, Kiki and pebbles in together yesterday, after quite a lot of humping from pebbles to Kiki, they are getting on fine now. Kiki was spayed over a week ago ( a week and three days) and the vet checked her out on Thursday and said he was happy with her and she was fine for them to be put in together. All was well but since yesterday her urine has been kind of a peachy colour, does anybody know what this could be? She is incontinent due to having EC before we got her.

Thank you

Last edited:
Carrots, but they always eat carrots. I am worried it might be bloody or an infection... She is fine in herself

Carrots, but they always eat carrots. I am worried it might be bloody or an infection... She is fine in herself

Carrots are known to turn urine a funny colour. I remember when I thought my rabbit was bleeding but nope, just carrots. If you're concerned though I'd always recommend that you pop to a vets :)

I had the same concern about two weeks ago - the same time I introduced Rudie to kale. I think if there is blood in the wee it's a bit mottled and clotty. :)

Thanks everyone, I think you're right about the carrot. I don't think she's drinking as much as she was (she used to drink a very large amount before moving in with pebbles, but now seems to be drinking the same sort of amount as him) which I think explains to colour.

Urine can go orange when there is a shift in the weather - Summer to Fall I read. Logan did this exactly 24hrs after the weather 'shifted' last autumn and scared the life out of me :shock: I don't know if that can happen when the weather warms up too, I'd have to see if I saved the link.

Tango had orange juice coloured urine a couple of years back. Was a urine infection. It also made him incontinent at the time so that was a contributing factor.

Back