• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zac is now totally Blind :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Zac is 10 and over the last few months it has become obvious that his vision was deteriorating. Today on examination he has no response at all when a pen-torch light is shone into either eye and both pupils remain fully dilated :cry:

He also has congestive heart failure and is displaying signs of dementia :cry: Despite all this Zac is very happy within himself with a huge appetite. He even has enough energy to 'pester' Elyse and to circle her buzzing away.

So another 'borrowed time Bunny' here :cry:

My Noah is blind - it doesn't seem to affect him in the slightest to be honest, apart from him bashing into my legs when he's excited about food :roll:

He does scan occasionally, and if you move too quick he does spook, but we've learnt to move slowly around him now :love:

Awww sorry to hear about Zac - is this your Glaucoma bunny Jane? - my bunny is around 85 percent blind we think - his eye pressures are stable at the moment and he has 4 drops per day of Azopt - he has had a couple of spikes which have worried us but luckily the pressure has dropped to near normal again now. it's an expensive condition lol - his eye pressure is monitored every 3 weeks as it his retina and cornea health - he is so loved and we will keep him comfortable for as long as possible.

My bunny gets around quite well and having other bunnies around gives him confidence I think to venture out if his comfort zone.

Sending hugs to you and Zac xxx

Poor Zac :( I was afraid Mimzy was blind in at least one eye after his tilt but he's had them tested and the vet thinks they're okay, just too dry. And he does have a slow growing cataract.

Zac sounds like he still gets about well though...and has the lovely Elyse to guide him. :) And the most wonderful bunny mum. :love: I hope he will have many happy days yet to come. xxxx

I'm sorry hes lost his sight, but glad hes still happy :)

angel my rew lionhead doesn't have good sight, i worry about her losing more as she ages, shes 3 in the summer.

sending zac lots of noserubs xxxxxxx

Back