• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have just found a dead rabbit UD - found out who killed it but not who left it

weedug

Mama Doe
Opened my downstairs curtains this morning, and saw a dead rabbit, laid out on my bunny grave outside :cry:, which is beside my rabbit runs.

We live in the country, but have never had rabbits in the garden, and seen no signs of them having been in the garden. I think that someone put the poor bun there :cry:, and am very worried about my own buns now.

RIP lovely rabbit :cry:

Last edited:
as horrible as it is do you think you could give it a look over? If you can see wounds you may be able to tell who or what killed it (a foxes bite is bigger than a cats but humans won't live a bite pattern) and if you can't see wounds you may be able to see signs of disease. It may then put your mind at ease or enable you to call 111 to express your concern (or even talk with your vet if its disease)

Oh No, how sad.. And worrying..

I agree with the above, I'd phone the Police if only to put your own mind at ease...

Binky free little bun! Xxxx

A wild rabbit, or a domestic rabbit? Either way it's odd, and I'm sure upsetting. I second giving it a look over to find out how it died.

A wild rabbit, or a domestic rabbit?

This was my first thought too.

If it's a domestic rabbit it might not be as sinister as it seems, depending on the layout of your garden. I wonder if someone has found it, knows you have rabbits and "returned" it but was unable to contact you to ask if it was yours.

I hope there is a non-sinister explanation.

This was my first thought too.

If it's a domestic rabbit it might not be as sinister as it seems, depending on the layout of your garden. I wonder if someone has found it, knows you have rabbits and "returned" it but was unable to contact you to ask if it was yours.

I hope there is a non-sinister explanation.

thats a good point... this might be a rational explanation...

Poor bun was a wild rabbit. We have lived here for 12 years, and had no signs of rabbits in the garden, no unexplained poops and no plants eaten.

I have given it a look over, and on one side it is perfect. On the other side, there is an injury on the side of its head, and a small mark just behind its eye, almost as if it was hit by something :cry:. There was no sign of teeth marks, or injury other than to the one side of the head. He was a beautiful bun too, lovely and big, about the size of my English :cry:

Hubby thinks that someone left the rabbit there, as a warning. Last year, I had problems with my neighbour, who at one point attempted to kill one of my rabbits by lifting a heavy run and letting it go so it fell down hard, even though she knew there was a rabbit in it.

The past couple of nights, hubby has told her grandkids off, for messing around in the garden. Me telling them off was what sparked last year's problems.

We are trying to get a security camera up asap. I keep my buns padlocked all the time, but will need to try to put more padlocks or something up.

Poor bun was a wild rabbit. We have lived here for 12 years, and had no signs of rabbits in the garden, no unexplained poops and no plants eaten.

I have given it a look over, and on one side it is perfect. On the other side, there is an injury on the side of its head, and a small mark just behind its eye, almost as if it was hit by something :cry:. There was no sign of teeth marks, or injury other than to the one side of the head. He was a beautiful bun too, lovely and big, about the size of my English :cry:

Hubby thinks that someone left the rabbit there, as a warning. Last year, I had problems with my neighbour, who at one point attempted to kill one of my rabbits by lifting a heavy run and letting it go so it fell down hard, even though she knew there was a rabbit in it.

The past couple of nights, hubby has told her grandkids off, for messing around in the garden. Me telling them off was what sparked last year's problems.

We are trying to get a security camera up asap. I keep my buns padlocked all the time, but will need to try to put more padlocks or something up.

Some people really are low (and many other things which I shan't say!).

I hope nothing else happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe someone could be so sick and twisted. If your neighbour has a problem, she should take it up with you, not try and hurt innocent animals, its not like you'd hurt her grandkids if she annoyed you! Personally, I'd confront them about it. If it's intentional then it is animal cruelty, and if it's a "warning" then the police should definitely be aware. Even though they may deny it, you should be able to read their faces to see if they are genuinely clueless or guilty.
Its a concern as to where the rabbit came from, and how someone could be so sick?
Genuinely saddened by this. Poor little bun :(

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Some folk are sick, As if you've not got enough to contend with, without a stupid, twisted prat being evil....

I would consider speaking to a local beat officer for a wee chat!.. Might be something.. Or nothing but think you ought to speak to them,

fee xxxx

Some folk are sick, As if you've not got enough to contend with, without a stupid, twisted prat being evil....

I would consider speaking to a local beat officer for a wee chat!.. Might be something.. Or nothing but think you ought to speak to them,

fee xxxx

I definitely agree that you should inform some form of local authority. Athough they aren't going to admit it, a word from authority may make them realise that they are way out of order!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I haven't managed to speak to anyone about it :cry:.

I feel totally ill that such a gorgeous creature could have been killed so someone could get back at me :cry:. I have been struggling after Lucky's problems, so haven't spoken to many people or gone out much, and want to go out even less now.

We have had to keep it from our daughter, as she just couldn't cope with this as well.

He was so very beautiful. I'm so sorry little bun :cry::cry:

Sending lots of hugs, really hope you get to the bottom of it.

and cctv is a yes. Think maplin generally do good deals. xxxx

yep, Maplin is a good bet, reasonably priced...

Dont give yourself a hard time..there was nothing you could have done to prevent it....

fee x

Back