• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Somerset area vets (Taunton)

tashp90

Warren Veteran
Hi, I've been looking up the best veterinary practices for rabbit care in the Taunton area. Just wondered if anyone on here is from Taunton, or even anywhere in Somerset who can recommend a vet? The closer the better, but I'm more than willing to travel if it means getting the best care, and as we all know, recommendations are more trustworthy than anything :)!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I'll check it out. Like I say, I'm not worried about travelling as long as I know they're trustworthy

I am also from Taunton, I have not had my bunny long but have registered him with a local vet to be vaccinated. I can't say that they were the best so if you do find a good one please let me know :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've only had my 2 for a week. Going to do some research this weekend into bunny savvy ones, see if there's any in Taunton. Will let you know :)

GrahamL is from the somerset area I tthink and might be able to advise.

Ian sayers in paignton is amazing, but I'm assuming might not be suitable as a regular vet as it'd be well over an hours drive for you. I'm still searching for a good vet in exeter!

Someone has recommended Ian Sayers, and had one recommended in Bridgwater, just wondering if there's one within Taunton. I don't mind travelling for the best care!

I'll check it out. Like I say, I'm not worried about travelling as long as I know they're trustworthy

If travel is really no issue for you, register with ian sayers! He apparently used to run a rabbit clinic in Bristol and currently takes all the rabbit referrals for the south west. I so wish I could use him as my usual vet, honesty, he is just fab.

Thank you. I looked and looked and none really stood out to me so good luck :) I don't mind travelling but I think Paignton is just a little too far. I will pm kmazzy now. Thank you everyone for your help :)

If travel is really no issue for you, register with ian sayers! He apparently used to run a rabbit clinic in Bristol and currently takes all the rabbit referrals for the south west. I so wish I could use him as my usual vet, honesty, he is just fab.

If he is really that good perhaps travelling to Paignton really is worth I will have a look into it thanks again.

Blake Vets for sure, used both their surgeries (one in Burnham, where I am, and one in Bridgwater where Schez is) excellent vets as long as you get one of the small animal vets.

Ian Sayers is a long way from Taunton, its just over an hour give or take, too long for a regular vet trip i'd say. From Taunton you could do J23 on the M5 in 10 minutes at the speed limit.

There is also a vets on the toneway in Taunton, just by the crossroads (if coming out of Taunton, its on your left, you take the road for the A38 and turn left immediately) by Creech Castle, but don't know of their reputation :wave: Could be worth checking out as it would be very close?

Blake Vets for sure, used both their surgeries (one in Burnham, where I am, and one in Bridgwater where Schez is) excellent vets as long as you get one of the small animal vets.

Ian Sayers is a long way from Taunton, its just over an hour give or take, too long for a regular vet trip i'd say. From Taunton you could do J23 on the M5 in 10 minutes at the speed limit.

There is also a vets on the toneway in Taunton, just by the crossroads (if coming out of Taunton, its on your left, you take the road for the A38 and turn left immediately) by Creech Castle, but don't know of their reputation :wave: Could be worth checking out as it would be very close?

The one by Creech Castle is very close. Think I'll check them out, ask a few questions and see if they know their stuff. Someone did recommend Blake Vets, so maybe I'll use them if I can't find one within Taunton :) thank you!

I found that thread before and jotted down the questions :) but when you call, you don't generally speak to a vet, so would it be best to go down and speak to them?

I have to say, I always phone, ask for an email address, or find one from their website and ask the questions :wave:

I found that thread before and jotted down the questions :) but when you call, you don't generally speak to a vet, so would it be best to go down and speak to them?

Ooooo that's a good idea.
Its a shame that if you own anything other than a cat, or dog, you have to go through this kind of fuss to find a trustworthy vet :/

Thank you. I looked and looked and none really stood out to me so good luck :) I don't mind travelling but I think Paignton is just a little too far. I will pm kmazzy now. Thank you everyone for your help :)

Animedics at Creech castle seem good. I've just been and talked to them and registered

Back