• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has Digby lost the plot??!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
He totally freaked me out this morning! :shock: I went out to feed them this morning, and Daisy came out to play as usual, but Digby didn't. I opened the door to the enclosed part of the kennel, and he's gathering hay as though he's going to make a nest :shock: Digby is a BOY!!!! He had a mouthful of hay and wasn't eating it, just kept picking up more bits and adding to the big bundle in his mouth! I have had girl bunnies do this before, I get that! But Digby being a boy just freaked me out! Has anyone else experienced this? I went back in the house to change their water, and when I went back out he was just playing in the garden, no hay :?

Spenser hasn't done this, but I don't think it's that unsual. I'm sure I remember a thread from a few years ago about Bouncer Honeybunny's nesting habits.

What age is Digby? I can understand you being freaked out if he's never sone this before and is a few years old.

Charlies done it a few times... The first time I saw him do it I was worried he'd like wedged his jaw open because he wouldn't put it down, was just walking around with far too much hay!

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better now I know he's not alone in this! :lol: And Susiebun, he is about 4.5 i think :? I've had him 2.5 years and he's never done this before while he's been here :lol:

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better now I know he's not alone in this! :lol: And Susiebun, he is about 4.5 i think :? I've had him 2.5 years and he's never done this before while he's been here :lol:

Charlie's 6 in April (how is my baby 6?! :shock: ) and he didn't do it until he was coming up to 5 either I don't think! Midlife crisis? :lol:

Back