• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry about post on fb

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
An acquanitance of mine from work (not a friend particularly, haven't seen her for years) is a hobby breeder of rabbits.

On facebook this morning she's put 'oh dear one of my baby rabbits has died' and then her friends have put lots of stupid jokes. Later on she put that actually the rabbit escaped and she doesn't know where it is so it's assumed dead. She seems mildly upset.

I'm going to unfriend.

What a waste of a new life. :(

ETA: What could I write which is polite yet firm? Other colleagues may read it but I'd like it known what I think...

Last edited:
I would post something like ' I am very saddened to read this. Saddened at the loss of a baby Rabbit and saddened by some people's seemingly nonchalant attitude toward the event.RIP Little Kit'.

I would want to put something like...

"You can always tell what kind of person someone is when you see how they react in situations like this. Clearly you are not who I thought you were".

I would put something like 'Sorry to hear of the loss of your rabbit, however I'm disappointed that you are treating this event so casually. As you know, I am a big supporter of the welfare for rabbits and therefore would not like to see anymore of your posts'.

She might be more upset than it seems. Possibly not but how about offering to help her look for it. That would impress me more than being snooty - not the word I want to use but can't think of it. :):?

Oh poor thing :(

You could always put something like "it obviously made a bid for freedom because it knew that a life with you would be horrific, judging by your evident lack of empathy for it".

She might be more upset than it seems. Possibly not but how about offering to help her look for it. That would impress me more than being snooty - not the word I want to use but can't think of it. :):?

I guess she may be... though her husband must be an idiot then as he was making a lot of the jokes.

I think I'll say RIP poor little bunny and unfriend. I think she'll notice the unfriending and connect the two!

Back