• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not worth making a claim. Excess the same amount as the dental.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Thought I better phone up and see how much Mr Bennett's dental cost. You many wonder why I didn't know, because we decided to put extra money into our vets account while we had the extra money.

I was pleasantly surprised that Mr B's dental, ear cleaning, nail clipping and over night stay, well he was there nearly 36 hours, was only £83.00 and some pennies.

Excess is £75 plus 10 percent of vet bill, strangely comes to £83.30. Glad really, saves the stress of claiming and Pets at Home losing the details and having to ask my vets to send them the information twice.

I suspect that most Pet Insurance Excesses will keep going up and up. Can you wait til he needs his next Dental then submit 2 claims on one form :? Probably not :cry:

I suspect that most Pet Insurance Excesses will keep going up and up. Can you wait til he needs his next Dental then submit 2 claims on one form :? Probably not :cry:

Unfortunately not, it would be considered as two separate dentals. I did ask Laura about testing his poo and putting it in as one claim but she said the insurance company would consider it as two separate issues.

Mr B's insurance was much more expensive this year. Nearly double since two years ago. Won't be able to claim for dentals because of the excess but at least he is covered for anything else.

I did make a huge saving on hay yesterday. I usually order a 9lb bag which costs £30.00. This time I ordered the 50 lb bag, which is the same as a bale, for £71.00. If that lasts 6 months it will only be about £12 a month, instead of £30.00 a month. If it keeps his teeth down then its a good investment.

Unfortunately not, it would be considered as two separate dentals. I did ask Laura about testing his poo and putting it in as one claim but she said the insurance company would consider it as two separate issues.

Mr B's insurance was much more expensive this year. Nearly double since two years ago. Won't be able to claim for dentals because of the excess but at least he is covered for anything else.

I did make a huge saving on hay yesterday. I usually order a 9lb bag which costs £30.00. This time I ordered the 50 lb bag, which is the same as a bale, for £71.00. If that lasts 6 months it will only be about £12 a month, instead of £30.00 a month. If it keeps his teeth down then its a good investment.

I get through much less hay now, a year ago I had 28 Rabbits, now I have 14 :cry: I still buy it from Frosbury, they know that I am VERY picky about hay quality :oops: At the moment a huge bale costs £5.99. I use about 1.5-2 bales a week.

Amanda i know just what you mean..lilys excess was way more than £80 TO BEGIN WITH...SAME FOR MERLIN. they dont pay for dentals but any care needed is paid for so pet plan have always said!

So true with the testing poo and dentals...not the same problem and has to be claimed as two conditions.

merlins teeth moving slightly with his jaws so slight but enough to make his dentals more and more frequent..but once recovered hes back to his normal bouncy adorable self.

Back