• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

meet Aurora Flora

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper

While still trying to come to terms with the death of Gypsy, storm was getting more and more depressed. He would just lay there uninterested in anyone or anything. He had lost his spark and the bunny room was no longer a happy place :cry:

I was thinking of getting him a friend to help heal his broken heart. Ideally an older large bun who looked nothing like gypsy.
A lovely lady got in touch with me. Her young male had suddenly passed away leaving a young spayed female. The lady did not want more bunnies and felt that as she is about to become a single mum, she would not have time for aurora. I agreed to give aurora a home.

Well nothing could have prepared me for the shock of seeing her for the first time! You can see why.

So I now have a 9 month old small gypsy look alike. Strange how things work out.

Storm is still.not sure about his new friend. She is in a pen in his room. When storm saw aurora for the first time he perked up and the spark seemed to return to his eyes. The bunnies lay side by side with the pen between them. I took away one side of the pen after a few days but storm chased and attacked aurora :cry: I am not giving up yet though. The next meeting will be on neutral ground. Both bunnies have gone back to sitting side by side with the bas between them:?

Fingers crossed things will work out for these two

Xxx

She's gorgeous and so tiny!

I know you didn't want a bun who looked like Gypsy, but she'll start to show her own personality. Hope the bonding goes well :D

Oh my, she is absolutely adorable. :love::love::love:

Its Gyspy's spiritual gift to you, another soul to care for. I know bonding can be stressful so really hoping that everything will work out.

She is just so lovely. Best of luck with the bonding.

She looks like Aslan on rabbits in need atm (barc).

She's gorgeous :love:

I know it was a shock that she looks so similar to gypsy but I think it says a lot about you that you would agree to take on a bun without even seeing her first. so many people are concerned with what size, shape and colour their rabbit is it's really lovely that you wanted to give her a loving home regardless :love:

I hope her and storm are firm friends soon :)

She is so small compared to ten ton storm. Storm is a big old french lop who is bigger than ever right now due to laying around stuffing his face without bossy Madame gypsy to keep him in shape.

It is very strange seeing aurora in the bunny room. She is nothing like gypsy in character though she is a lot calmer and very easygoing and sweet natured. Gypsy was a fiesty spirited bossy and beautiful girl. Aurora is also smaller than gypsy.

:love::love::love:

I know this is gonna come out all gooey and stuff, :oops: but little Aurora is totally meant to be. :love:
Sending out lots of (((bonding vibes))) xxx

I can imagine your initial shock when first meeting the wee girl though.xx

small and beautiful with an adorable name. welcome, aurora flora. hope all goes well for you and your new family.

Thank you:D

It is so strange. Aurora looks more like gypsy everyday it is still taking some getting used to to see aurora sitting there.
Bonding is very slow. They both seem so unsure of each other

Back