• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carter and Co..SAD UPDATE PST 7

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you will have seen the 4 rabbits we took in that were in a disgusting state
Well they are all doing well :D

Lizzie has been speyed and pending bonding has a home to go to.

Lorna and Clara are being speyed today so wish them luck! They both have the promise of homes too!

And Carter, who I thought may be with us for some time due to his dental issues also has the promise of a home :D

So great news for them all

pics of them on arrival can be seen in the thread at top of Gen Chat.." stories of animals taken in byrescues"

Last edited:
Very sad update :cry:

Lorna was opened up and found to be pregnant..the kits were partly reabsorbed so the vet continued with the spey
Vet couldn't feel anything before starting the op .
On her pre op examination Clara does feel as if she may be pregnant but again vet said not surprised I hadn't known. Clara has not been speyed as speying when near due date is not something to be done lightly due to risks to doe aswell as the viable kits.
Due to the inbreeding and state of the unborn kits in Lorna, if Clara is also pregnant the kits may well not survive :cry:
Sad day

Very sad update :cry:

Lorna was opened up and found to be pregnant..the kits were partly reabsorbed so the vet continued with the spey
Vet couldn't feel anything before starting the op .
On her pre op examination Clara does feel as if she may be pregnant but again vet said not surprised I hadn't known. Clara has not been speyed as speying when near due date is not something to be done lightly due to risks to doe aswell as the viable kits.
Due to the inbreeding and state of the unborn kits in Lorna, if Clara is also pregnant the kits may well not survive :cry:
Sad day

So very sorry to read this Jill :(

So sad :cry:

I am just so relieved though that they are in the best place to be looked after and loved.

:( I'm sorry to see this sad update
As others have said, Clara and Lorna are in the best of hands. Prayers and vibes being sent. xxxx

Although a sad day, these bunnies are very lucky and are in the best possible care. Wishing you and them all the best :love:

oh poor ladies.
I hope they continue to improve and hope the kits are born fully formed and healthy.
they're in the safest place :love:

Back