• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think we're done with the bottles :D

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I noticed the water bottles hadn't gone down much in the last couple of days, I've already seen Skye using the bowl but wasn't sure if she had stopped using the bottles, but just seen Summer on the monitor drinking from the bowl :D So it seems all 4 are now using the bowl and no one is using the bottles :D

In other news, Heidi was doing mini spinny binkies before - on a table :lol: Maybe she wants a new career as a table dancer :lol: Then she jumped down and had a mad dash around the shed for a few minutes!! They've all been quite active this evening, normally they wait til I'm going to bed to start doing things :lol:

That's good news :D much easier to have them all drinking in the same way! I didn't do a gradual change from bottle to bowl with mine, I just took the bottle away and gave them the bowl :oops: probably should've done what you did but they worked it out straight away (they probably discovered the water immediately whilst thinking "ooo a food bowl let's check it out!" :lol:)

Lilly does little spinny binkies sometimes, always in the same spot in her litter tray! Can you record on your CCTV (probably not the right word for it but I like it :p)? I sometimes wish I could have a monitor down here to see what the bunnies do over night, even though I am 99% sure they just sleep all night :roll:

That's good news :D much easier to have them all drinking in the same way! I didn't do a gradual change from bottle to bowl with mine, I just took the bottle away and gave them the bowl :oops: probably should've done what you did but they worked it out straight away (they probably discovered the water immediately whilst thinking "ooo a food bowl let's check it out!" :lol:)

Lilly does little spinny binkies sometimes, always in the same spot in her litter tray! Can you record on your CCTV (probably not the right word for it but I like it :p)? I sometimes wish I could have a monitor down here to see what the bunnies do over night, even though I am 99% sure they just sleep all night :roll:

Heidi and Dash used a bowl before, Heidi hardly drank from her bottle when I got her, so I gave her a bowl, Dash had a bottle so when they bonded had both but Dash then took to the bowl and ignored the bottle. I tried getting Summer and Skye wouldn't use a bowl when I tried before so stuck with bottles for them so when they all moved into the shed I had to put both, it's taken a few weeks but they've obviously decided the bowl is better!! I'm glad I don't need to be faffing about with bottles anymore!! And one of the bottles is where the runaround door will need to go aswell so that solves that issue :lol: No I can't record on my monitor unfortunately :(

Heidi and Dash used a bowl before, Heidi hardly drank from her bottle when I got her, so I gave her a bowl, Dash had a bottle so when they bonded had both but Dash then took to the bowl and ignored the bottle. I tried getting Summer and Skye wouldn't use a bowl when I tried before so stuck with bottles for them so when they all moved into the shed I had to put both, it's taken a few weeks but they've obviously decided the bowl is better!! I'm glad I don't need to be faffing about with bottles anymore!! And one of the bottles is where the runaround door will need to go aswell so that solves that issue :lol: No I can't record on my monitor unfortunately :(

Awh that's a shame, how cool would have that been?! I reckon it'd cost a lot to get that kind of feature though! Bottles are a faff aren't they?! I used to find it so annoying, although that was when they were outside so messing about with it with cold hands was the worst! I think a bowl goes better with their indoor set up, plus it's more natural for them :D they're funny with it though, they'll go almost a whole day ignoring it then suddenly drink half of it, and I reckon there's 1.5-2 pints of water in the bowl :shock:

Awh that's a shame, how cool would have that been?! I reckon it'd cost a lot to get that kind of feature though! Bottles are a faff aren't they?! I used to find it so annoying, although that was when they were outside so messing about with it with cold hands was the worst! I think a bowl goes better with their indoor set up, plus it's more natural for them :D they're funny with it though, they'll go almost a whole day ignoring it then suddenly drink half of it, and I reckon there's 1.5-2 pints of water in the bowl :shock:

It's better in the shed as I can keep the bowl out if the way, they have got odd bits of litter or hay in when they've had a good dig in the litter tray but generally it keeps nice and clean. Should be easier to keep it from freezing too if we get a bad winter, although this yr I think I've only had frozen water 2 or 3 times :D

Both mine have bowls. The noise of the bottles drives Mummy a little crazy. :shock:

U should have heard it on the monitor :lol: Any noises sound different on it, so when one of them was having a big drink from the bottle it did sound really loud :lol: When they first went in my mum had come over and I had the monitor on and she was like what's that noise?!

Mine have bowls. I just found it so much easier to keep a bowl clean and I find it is easier to refill too :lol:

I find I can only keep them clean off the floor though! In the shed I've got it on a table so it's well out of the way but yeah it's def easier to keep a fresh supply of water for them :thumb:

Back