• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joshua is going on a date! Update and Question: Please share thoughts!

Snowytoshi

Mama Doe
Joshua is going to visit Pepper Potts tonight :D I really hope it goes well as I love Pepper Potts and would really like to take her home and get her pleasantly plump: she's still so tiny! I think it will go pretty well because Pepper Potts is very mellow and Joshua doesn't mind other rabbits just so long as they don't bother him, but please send bonding vibes!

Last edited:
Pepper Potts was very relaxed and kept hopping over and sniffing Joshua. He didn't like that she kept coming into his space though and boxed her :( After a few boxes she started to get scared and would thump whenever he came near her. Of course that was right when he was relaxed and just started hopping over to say hi instead of glaring from his corner. There were some nice moments though of them just eating happily from the same hay pile and just sitting peacefully in their corners. I'm going to bring Joshua back to the shelter on Saturday for a longer bonding session because I think there's a lot of potential :D

Oh, I'm glad I went quite well, hope the weekend bonding session goes well too :thumb:

No he's not, he's way too young :shock:

:lol:

Good luck! :)

I always think of my bunny when I see your threads about your son :lol: They're both adorable!

I am at the shelter right now with Joshua and Pepper Potts. There has been some minor squabbles, but also some forced cuddles: I pet them both side by side and slowly they relax into each other. After I did that for several minutes I got out of the pen they're in and he actually asked her for grooming for the first time! She refused though :roll: Right now they're just hopping around munching, they are a lot calmer (Joshua isn't as bitey either) today than they were Thursday.

They'll hopefully have another date tomorrow and I still have thirty minutes left before I go home, so who knows what could happen ;)

Near the end of their date Joshua started humping Pepper Potts. However there is still no chasing and I feel that asking to be groomed/mounting is much better than sitting in opposite corners: at least now they're communicating :)

Tomorrow I'm going to take them on a car ride in a box and stress bond them. If anybody has any advice on the best way to do that it would be much appreciated because I've never tried this method before.

What do you mean exactly? :? Are you taking them on a car ride together, then taking them both home to bond properly? Or are they going in the car, then Joshua coming home and Pepper going back to the shelter? If it's the latter, there is really no point doing it at all :? If you have a neutral area ready at home and you are going to put them straight in there, then great :D good luck.

What do you mean exactly? :? Are you taking them on a car ride together, then taking them both home to bond properly? Or are they going in the car, then Joshua coming home and Pepper going back to the shelter? If it's the latter, there is really no point doing it at all :? If you have a neutral area ready at home and you are going to put them straight in there, then great :D good luck.

I was going to take them on the car ride both sitting in a box and then Pepper Potts would be going back to the shelter and then Joshua home, perhaps with a short bonding session at the shelter before leaving depending on their mood. The point is to make them cuddle together and then they bond through that shared experience, at least that's what I've got from the sites that recommend it. I had wanted to take them on the car ride to push them to sit near each other and also because I'm concerned that they'll become too used to the same space (all the shelter visiting rooms are the same) and just associate it with aggression. But I might be wrong about how this is supposed to work :?

I was going to take them on the car ride both sitting in a box and then Pepper Potts would be going back to the shelter and then Joshua home, perhaps with a short bonding session at the shelter before leaving depending on their mood. The point is to make them cuddle together and then they bond through that shared experience, at least that's what I've got from the sites that recommend it. I had wanted to take them on the car ride to push them to sit near each other and also because I'm concerned that they'll become too used to the same space (all the shelter visiting rooms are the same) and just associate it with aggression. But I might be wrong about how this is supposed to work :?

In that case I really wouldn't do it. You'll just be stressing them out for no reason. If you are going to separate them afterwards, the bonding experience will be wasted. Then next time they meet it will just be like starting over again. Personally I would only do the car ride thing if absolutely necessary - if you are in the middle of bonding, and it's not going well, for example. Your two sound like they won't be too bad. Stress can be very harmful to bunnies health, don't do it unnecessarily :wave:

Back