• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

female bun spraying

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
The last couple of days Cinna has started spraying (she's four and a half months old) she's sprayed all of the hutch and their towel in the run and today she sprayed Katniss, who then refused to eat anything and sat in the corner for ages :(

Please tell me this is just a phase as Katniss was really upset, I know she's just asserting dominance over the other two, she's still occasionally humping Prim too.

Although 90 percent of the time all three seem to get along and there's no hair pulling etc

On the up side I've seen all three flop over the last two days so they're obviously reasonably relaxed.

Last edited:
I assume you are 100% certain that she is a Doe ?

If so,(a few Does do spray when they hit puberty, but it is much more common in Bucks) then once you get her spayed the hormonal behaviour should resolve :)

100% sure she's a girl, she's from a rescue and has been sexed by the lady that runs it and a vet when she was vet checked. She's always been the most stressy of the three sisters. Fingers crossed it resolves itself in a few weeks when she's spayed.

100% sure she's a girl, she's from a rescue and has been sexed by the lady that runs it and a vet when she was vet checked. She's always been the most stressy of the three sisters. Fingers crossed it resolves itself in a few weeks when she's spayed.

It's always best to check and double check again, as mistakes can happen. Also some little boys can have a split penis which make their bits look like a little girl.

Our George was a girl who turned into a boy. He was sexed by 3 people including our vet. We only found out George was a boy at 5 month old, when one day he started to circle me and honked like a goose and without to much detail when I lifted him up I realised he was a boy!!! :oops: :oops:

Our vet sexed Snowflake as a girl and it was only when he came home minus his plums on the day that he went in to keep Frosty company during Frosty's castration that we knew he was a he. Frosty had to go back a few days later to have his done!

They look similar and because they were expecting a boy and a girl they operated on the first one that they picked up because he had the right bits. If only they had checked Frosty as well they could have done them both on the same day. They were very appologetic.

Hope yours are all girls. They are soooo cute. x

Back