• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jumping

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Millie and Maddie have had a couple of superbunny moments recently where they've tried to fly onto things that are obviously too high for them to reach. I've just thought about it and the only thing they can comfortably jump up on in the front room is the sofa. Do you have things for your rabbits to jump on? And what do you use? :)

Hellooooo! :wave:

My bunnies love the kiddies step stools for jumping on and off of. :D and my little lion bunnies love jumping on top of an overturned plastic storage box that I cut a hole in the side- so they could use it as a den too. :D

Hellooooo! :wave:

My bunnies love the kiddies step stools for jumping on and off of. :D and my little lion bunnies love jumping on top of an overturned plastic storage box that I cut a hole in the side- so they could use it as a den too. :D

Didn't think of a stool, aren't they a bit slidey for them? I bet I can find something like that at Home Bargains though, my favourite shop :lol: Thanks

Didn't think of a stool, aren't they a bit slidey for them? I bet I can find something like that at Home Bargains though, my favourite shop :lol: Thanks

I thought that, but the bunnies seem ok. I'm yet to witness a fall. Plus, the kiddy stools (usually) have surfaces that are textured to help prevent slipping. :D

Yes, the little stools are good, most have a textured anti-slip top:

IMG_1600c.jpg

Upturned cardboard boxes are good too :)

Yes, the little stools are good, most have a textured anti-slip top:

IMG_1600c.jpg

Upturned cardboard boxes are good too :)

Aww cute. They did have some upturned cardboard boxes from work but work tend to have the flat pack pop up ones and once turned the wrong way they aren't sturdy and Millie and Maddie are too heavy to sit on top now!

ETA: Do you think if they have more things to jump on they'll stop trying to launch themselves at the kitchen side?

Last edited:
ETA: Do you think if they have more things to jump on they'll stop trying to launch themselves at the kitchen side?

It could go either way :lol: Scamp can successfully jump on to the kitchen side, though luckily he doesn't get in that mood too often. When he does I end up lining the edge with the contents of the side to make it look higher ;) Rabbits do seem to love vantage points, when Scamp's not napping in his sleeping box, he's generally napping on top. You'd have to try it to see what your buns think - just don't put anything too close to the side or they'll use it for a launch platform :lol:

My bunnies love having things to jump on to :wave: Besides the couches, rocking chair, beds, kitchen chairs, and kitchen table, they have boxes, a cotton tail cottage. Joshua also has a hutch that he spends more time on than in :lol:

Back