• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fall

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Millie decided to launch herself at the kitchen side this morning while free ranging. She didn't make it up and fell down, hitting their pen that was up on the way down and onto the floor. I gave her a fuss which was worrying as normally she wouldn't let me but then hopped off normally and started digging in her box. She went crazy for her pellets and was eating hay as I left for work. Mum is going to check on her at lunchtime. Is there anything else I should be looking out for? Felt horrible having to go to work but she looked fine when I left. It looked like a horrible fall :?

Is she moving ok?

I'm no expert, but I think as long as she's eating and pooping, she should be ok.

I'm hoping someone who knows more will come along, I'll just bump your thread up!

Vibes for Millie.

xxx

Mum checked her at lunch and she ate some carrot, my mum is always trying to sneak them treats! She was eating hay when I got home. They've had some fenugreek crunchie and climbed all over me as usual. They both seem a bit quiet tonight but are flopped out looking happy enough.

Hopefully she will be fine. Unfortunately though my French lop, just jumped off a dining room chair, which isn't usual for him at all.

I did take him to the vets to be checked over just to be on the safe side, and I am so glad that I did, as he has actually fractured his pelvis, and is now on strict cage rest and pain meds for 8 weeks. It may well have been worse, him being a much bigger, ungainly bun, but if you have any concerns at all, I guess get the vet to examine her, just to be absolutely certain all is well.

hope millie is still feeling ok today x

Aw thanks. She didn't do much running around last night, but I was late home (had to go to doctors and was there for an hour for all of a 2 minute appointment :evil:) so they may have been a bit grumpy about that, Maddie was a bit quite last night too.

I let them out this morning and Millie was her usual self really, digging on the sofa, binkying and flopping. She is hopping normally and has definitely been eating and pooing same as usual.

I know bunnies are renowned for trying to hide pain but I don't think she would binky if she was hurting?

Back