• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a morning !!!

luna

Mama Doe
When I got up this morning to let the bunnies out I knew straight away something was not right with bobby. He didn't come out and I thought he might be stomach pressing so I offered him a crunchie and he came out so I thought "phew" ... Maybe I'm reading too much into things.

So I got my son up and down for his breakfast and didn't like the look of Bobby at all. He was hunched up

yve6y9ug.jpg

So the big test. .. I offered them pellets and he didn't want any. Noooooooo !!! My heart sank. So I got my son off to pre school and had some groceries to pick up on way home ... rang my wonderful vet eamonn who was booked up but very kindly offered to juggle his appointments around and fit us in this evening. Job done , I was happy :)

Then I arrive home to Bobby who was skipping around like a little lamb begging for pellets and proceeded to gobble them all down. Don't get me wrong , obviously I'm relieved but this is the second time this has happened in 3 months and I don't want to be messing my vet around because I value him so much.

Anyway here he is gobbling the pellets down. Completely different bun

a9aryby8.jpg

He has started to moult and I noticed a string of pearly poops in his litter box so maybe this was the cause of his discomfort ?Hopefully he is ok now but buns can be such a worry sometimes.

I am going away tomorrow for two nights and my husband will be taking care of him so I hope that's it now.

Anyway sorry long post about nothing really. Oops :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
My hairy beast Harley did exactly this about 3 weeks ago - I came home from work, and she was not interested at all in pellets or any food and appeared to be in some discomfort - in fact looking very much like Bobby did in that first photo.

So I rang the emergency vets (and gulped abit at the price :shock:) - and hubby got her out for a bit of a run - 1/2 hour later she is eating her pellets and back to normal again:roll:

This is not the first time she's done this - has happened before a few times - gets me into panic mode and then sorts herself out.

It has been suggested that she might just get a bit of trapped gas - and a run around gets it shifted. She is also very hairy like Bobby so it may have something to do with moulting heavily at the moment.

Either way - I am very relieved for you that Bobby is okay now:thumb:

This happened with Frosty the other day ...

He did it again but no sign of recovery so he did go to the vets for pain relief and gut stimulator. Been fine ever since.

Hope Bobby remains in good health x

Thank you all for your replies and good wishes for Bobby :)

He really seems to have perked up now so I have cancelled the vet appointment. Let's hope he doesn't go down hill again.

I think it is down to his moult and possibly the weather. I gave him a good "plucking" earlier !!! Lol :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Back