• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having incisors out...recovery?

k1984

Mama Doe
Hi everyone :wave:

Dolly is having all of her incisors out on Thursday....and I'm already flapping about it :oops: How quick is recovery time? What how will she be on when I bring her home from the vets? What can I do to aid her recovery? How will the bond with Clive work with her recovery? (she lives with Clive and they love each other very much!)

Lots of questions! Sorry!

They do amazingly well. I've had 4 rabbits who have had their incisors out and they seem to recover much better than after a spay. Elinore had hers out last Monday and she ate grass and normal food when she came home. Spring greens have to be cut into small pieces so they can pick it up with their lips and hay never seems to be a problem. You should be able to put them back together when you get her home. I put Elinore back with Nibbles and he sniffed at her a bit as she obviously smelt of the Vets, but I told him to be a good boy with her as she had just had an operation, and he was fine.

Good luck with your bunny.

They do amazingly well. I've had 4 rabbits who have had their incisors out and they seem to recover much better than after a spay. Elinore had hers out last Monday and she ate grass and normal food when she came home. Spring greens have to be cut into small pieces so they can pick it up with their lips and hay never seems to be a problem. You should be able to put them back together when you get her home. I put Elinore back with Nibbles and he sniffed at her a bit as she obviously smelt of the Vets, but I told him to be a good boy with her as she had just had an operation, and he was fine.

Good luck with your bunny.

Awww thanks for your reply. You're really put my mind at rest. Clive's used to her coming back from the vets every month after having her teeth burred, so I think he'll be ok with her. I've just got to get over my nerves about it all. I know in the long-run it is certainly the best thing for her. She's suffered with them for too long, and now the burrs are needed every month, it's just not fair on her any more.

Back