• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doing my bit one bunny at a time.

Since getting my bunnies, joining here and finding out about these beautiful creatures I'm doing my best to educate people when I can.

A lady on a facebook group asked a few questions about her rabbit and how she had babies but they didn't survive. She went on to say she was thinking of letting her get pregnant again and I posted telling her that it's so much better for her to get her rabbit spayed because of the stress pregnancy can cause for a rabbit and that it prevents uterine cancer. I also pointed her in the direction to this forum. So hi if your reading this lol.

Then today a lady posted asking if anyone was selling a rabbit and it had to be not too old and good with a 1 yr old. I mean really?!! Rabbits and one year olds don't mix. My 20 month old loves to chase my rabbits when they have free run of the garden (usually I let them out when he naps to avoid this). I would never dream of buying a rabbit solely for my son. So I've told her to look in a local rescue centre as they always have rabbits that get overlooked and that really a rabbit does not make a good pet for a 1yr old.

I know it's not much but hopefully I can try to help spread awareness about rabbits and that they are a pet for life and not just cute to look at . I was sooooo un-educated when I got my buns and wish I had known then what I know now as I would have done things so much differently and hopefully I can help people make an informed choice when it comes to getting a rabbit. X

Well done there. Most people I talk to about rabbits think I am mad (?), they don't want to change their way of doing things, but we can only try!

"Every little helps" as they say.

I try my best as well to discourage some people who I think really shouldn't have a rabbit - and in fact had a HUGE barny with my sister about it a few months ago. Her 5 year old daughter desperately wanted a pet - so my sister thought - "oooo - rabbit"! Now bearing in mind they have two bonkers labrador dogs who chase after every wild rabbit they see - I didn't think this was such a bright idea. I tried to be patient with my sister and explained why a 5 year old / rabbits don't mix well (of course her daughter is a little 'angel' who can do no wrong - :shock:) but she was adamant that it would be fine! I did say - 'look - if you are dead set on this - please at least go through a rescue and they will tell you more what you need and can pair your daughter up with a good match for a child'. I don't know if she took on board what I said once she'd calmed down or was told by a couple of rescue that it wasn't a great idea - but her daughter now has a rather beautiful fluffy bonkers DOG instead.:thumb:

I have also tried to stop my 12 year old nephew from getting a bun - but that didn't work - all I can do there is drop hints and advice on the rabbits best care.

We can just keep trying wherever we can.

I keep doing all I can too. Non bunny people on my fb keeping complaining that all my activity is bunny related these days. Oh well, tough! If I can help just one bunny it's worth it :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back