• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please welcome Susie :)

Jesselle

Mama Doe
This is little Susie (she came with the name Susan!) who came to live with us (well, Neville) on Friday. She's a little over 3 years old and came from GBH rescue after being handed in last November due to a growth in her stomach (no nasty comments please, owner did best she could). Turns out she had an ectopic pregnancy that was quite large and self contained. Susie is lucky to be here!

But here she is, she's incredibly sweet and has been licking me from day 1. I think she's an ex show bunny as she was rung when she arrived at the rescue. It's early days but she and Neville have been getting on well, I'm not too sure but I think she's going to be the boss. She's waited a little to show Neville this. Let's hope Neville accepts!

78358009-9511-4489-A8AB-56C6C561A560_zpsobtnk4nw.jpg

They make such a beautiful couple ...The name suzie suits her. Can't wait to hear all the updates on the bonding process x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

thanks all :love: i really hope they cement a bond as i've fallen in love with susie, she's so sweet but has that little bit of attitude which i love ;)

they're fine together so far, no aggression, the only bother is neville's little bouts of honking and humping the wrong way round. susie has humped him too, and i think hers is to do with dominance, but his is to do with hormones. that's the only reason i don't feel comfortable not placing the wire divider in the pen at night - the humping could lead to chasing and susie could snap, which i don't want.

i hope it calms down soon... we seem at a bit of a dead end with the humping situation as it's stopping me allowing them to spend 24 hrs together. what a game!!

I'd say the humping would work itself out once the are together 24/7. Every time they are separated and then put together again they have to start again with working things out. I do understand your fears though !!! Bonding is stressful business :(

I'd say the humping would work itself out once the are together 24/7. Every time they are separated and then put together again they have to start again with working things out. I do understand your fears though !!! Bonding is stressful business :(

i know what you mean. the rescue recommended avoiding anything that could lead to bad vibes between them, which is why i'm putting a divider in. if they weren't humping the wrong way around, i'd feel better about letting them sort things out. i may try it tonight (i'm sleeping in the same room) but poor susie gets so fed up of him!

i know what you mean. the rescue recommended avoiding anything that could lead to bad vibes between them, which is why i'm putting a divider in. if they weren't humping the wrong way around, i'd feel better about letting them sort things out. i may try it tonight (i'm sleeping in the same room) but poor susie gets so fed up of him!

I completely understand. Don't worry you will get there. My first bond ever was my bridge bun Henry who was a nethie with big attitude and it took about a month. He kept humping poppy and spraying her ( he had been neutered 6 months prior ). But I persevered and 3 weeks on things settled. You just know when your nearly there. Personally I think nethies are a little bit more work with the bonding because of their attitudes. Lol ;)

Daisy humps Levi's head all the time at the moment (I'm putting it down to spring fever) poor thing! He just lets her get on with it, whenever I see it I give me a head rub and a fuss to make up for it and he licks me so it can't be that traumatic. :)

I completely understand. Don't worry you will get there. My first bond ever was my bridge bun Henry who was a nethie with big attitude and it took about a month. He kept humping poppy and spraying her ( he had been neutered 6 months prior ). But I persevered and 3 weeks on things settled. You just know when your nearly there. Personally I think nethies are a little bit more work with the bonding because of their attitudes. Lol ;)

There's certainly a lot of attitude in this bonding pen!!

Neville has been in overdrive today, honking a lot and chasing and trying to mount. I'm starting to wonder if he needed longer than 5 wks :( pretty sure he's not asserting dominance; though he could be I guess. When he's not hump crazy, they're very sweet. They eat, flop and groom like a lovely couple, but when Neville starts, Susie sometimes keeps away, sometimes comes back.

Anyway, Susie is just such an amazing little character! So licky! And very interested in me whenever I'm nearby. When I'm cleaning up their pen she's right next to me licking and inspecting everything :)

Two loafs! Neville was going stir crazy so I tried out a little extra space

Last edited:
Could be the time of year making everything worse hormone wise. Even my long-ago neutered pairs are having humpfests :roll:

It does work itself out though :wave:

I successfully left them in overnight and stepped back a little with stopping Neville mounting, only stepping in when it looked dangerous. I woke up to them snuggling which was nice :) I'm back at work tomorrow so I want to try them for 2 days and nights straight...

Back