• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disabled Dilys is being neutered tomorrow/ pic p25

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I trust my vet 150% to do the op. But because Dilys has a leg missing and is so twisted I can't help but be worried, especially afterwards as she tends to spend a lot of time on her tummy :( But she is a honking, wee spraying, bag of hormones we have no choice as she is so lonely on her own.

P1050957.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of luck for tomorrow Dilys. Fingers crossed that your op goes well and that you are back home safe and sound very soon. xxxx:love::love:

Sorry got side tracked with other things :cry:

Good news for once! Dilys is fine, she came through the op no problems, but last time I spoke to the nurse she was not eating for herself.

Xrays of her pelvis show that her leg has in fact been surgically removed and is not a deformity as we were led to believe. So her pelvis and hip joints are all fine and it means we don't have to worry about any other congenital issues.

We are slightly more concerned about her healing due to the amount of time she spends on her tummy. But she has her " princess cushion" with her at the vets which she is happily recovering on while surveying her kingdom :love::lol:

I hope she is alright.

I opted not to spay our two disabled does because of the belly dragging. Zinnia is a moody hormonal madam but Thumper loves her anyway, and Hazel has old blind Liffey and Hyacinth to keep her under control.

Back