• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Been Back To Vet With Poppy

bunbuns

Warren Veteran
Her spay area was looking red and sore, it was fine yesterday.

The vet said there's no infection as there is no heat or swelling. He thinks she's been licking it and told me to clean it was salt water twice a day.

Does that sound right? Ive heard so many horror stories about vets that I don't feel confident. Especially as Daisy didn't come home from her spay :cry:

Could it be a local skin reaction to the sutures ? I wonder if putting her back on Metacam for a few days may be better than bathing it as bathing it could make her lick at it all the more. Perhaps you could suggest this to the Vet ?

Could it be a local skin reaction to the sutures ? I wonder if putting her back on Metacam for a few days may be better than bathing it as bathing it could make her lick at it all the more. Perhaps you could suggest this to the Vet ?

She has glue and no sutures.

I'll see how it looks tomorrow and I'll have a word with with vet if there's no improvement. How would metacam help? Is it more than a painkiller?

Never again :cry:

Back