• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could Aimee have some vibes/ its an abscess, gutted

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Aimee is one of the rspca neglect case bunnies we took in during February.

At the weekend she started struggling to eat. She saw the vet who gave her meds to keep her going until today. As I got her ready for the vets this morning i felt a tiny lump in her jaw :( She has now been admitted for a Ga and xrays and any treatment she might need.

We are also worried as she is newly bonded. It was a difficult bond that took around three weeks to sort as she has so many issues. They have only been back in their permanent home a week, so this has come at a really bad time too.

Of course Eccles has gone with her but over the last few weeks any change has caused major steps back :(

Its going to be a worrying day!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
The vet has rung. Not great news for Aimee :cry: She does have an abscess, it is in a particularly difficult place at the side of her nose. It looks like is is where one of her upper incisors was removed. It has been removed and flushed out a best as possible and she will of course be on antibiotics and pain relief. Unfortunately the vet thinks it is very likely to return, so poor Aimee has a bit of a battle on her hands I am so glad I persevered with the bonding and she didn't go back to the rescue to be rehomed as a healthy bunny. I just hope and pray now that we can get on top of this and they still have plenty of time ahead of them x

Awww. Sorry to hear this news. :-( i hope she gets better soon and that the abscess goes quickly

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Sending vibes for Aimee. Hope she's able to enjoy her life when she recovers and has lots more time left.

Oh no, poor girl. :(:( It's awful at any time, but even more so now that she and Eccles have finally turned a corner in their rocky relationship. They make such a lovely couple, I hope they get to enjoy each other's company for a long while to come.

Poor Aimee (((((((((((sending healing vibes))))))))))))))
I hope she and Eccles have lots of lovely time together yet. xxxx

Back