• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Milo and Fizz.. and look what they were living in :(

silverrabbit

Mama Doe
People make me so angry and sad. These 2 were unwanted and I could only go by the pic provided that they needed out asap as the owner would not agree to me coming to collect. Perhaps this means things were worse than pictured :(

Their small hutch was almost 2 thirds full of waste leaving the small nethies no real head room. Can't imagine the smell, esp as the weather has been warm. I was terrified about fly strike so went to pick them up yesterday from outside a Tesco. They were handed over in a box that was falling apart and was told "oh put some food in for them" which consisted of a couple of pellets, a teeny bit of straw and an empty treat ring :? I had taken some hay and box with me thank goodness. Apparently no one wanted to clean them out :? hence the state of things

This is how they lived for a year:

They have mites, long nails, urine scalding and weren't fed hay so probably dental issues which will be checked tomo. The male is neutered but not the female so she is a bit hormonal and nervy. As soon as she is settled I will have her spayed and i'm sure she'll feel better.

Milo:

Fizz:

They hadn't had grass before as when they went into the run they didn't realise it was edible :( they started to get the hang of it though, poor babies. They hadn't left that filthy hutch all their lives :cry:

Oh bless them. Poor wee bunnies, but hope they will soon come on in your care. They look tiny, even for nethies. Very cute of course. xxx

Poor little sweethearts. At least they have you now. Hope there are no dental issues but unfortunately Nethies tend to be prone to dental problems. Fingers crossed everything will be fine.

Thank you all xx

Milo is just adorable with his squishy face and has stolen my heart (despite not being a big fan of nethies), and Fizz must have a bit of lionhead in her as she has a teensy fringe :love: I was initially going to rehome them once healthy and Fizz spayed, but looking at Milo I think he does have some dental issues going on (no hay plus flat face = disaster :( ) and I won't rehome him just in case they don't notice his teeth getting bad or something.

At least they are clean and dry now! And getting to run around, can't wait to see binkies :D

That's awful, sadly so many rabbits will live like this :cry: So glad you've got them now. Milo is adorable, I've got it into my head I need agouti Netherlands at some point!! I hope they get back to full health soon and settle into their new life, can't wait to see more pics of them enjoying life as they should :love:

I saw a rabbit sitting on a pile of her own faeces just like your picture of Milo and Fizz. She belonged to someone where I was on holiday at their self-catering cottage. I offered to clean her hutch out and they were delighted. They weren't so delighted when I offered to take the bunny home with me though!

Unbelievable.

Your rabbits look just gorgeous and I hope you get them sorted out, dentals and all. Bless you x

Awww...poor wee bubs :cry:
So glad you have them now. I hope all goes well at their vet check. xxxx

I'm at a loss for words, I clean my rabbits every other day and it takes two min's to change a litter tray.
Why just keep pilling hay upon hay till it reaches the top if the hutch nearly :shock:, they could obviously afford to buy the hay but just couldn't be bothered to take any of the old hay out........how could they look at this and not think " mmm this isn't right ", thank goodness you have now given then a life and a fresh new life :thumb:

They are just :love::love:

Glad they are with someone now who cares for them. I want to say something about the old owners but i cant. grrrrrr :censored:

I really don't understand people .. for the past 7 years I have cleaned my rabbits out daily, whatever the weather, it takes less than 15 minutes.

When I first saw Leo all they had done was put new hay on old hay in the bed area, so he couldn't get in there :? :evil: The hay at the bottom was rotting.

They're adorable, I need another rabbit, I have decided :love:

They are both just darling, but Milo looks so petite - and that is just adorable! Sadly I've seen those conditions with so many and their rabbits where I live. :?

As it turns out, Milo isn't too bad teeth-wise (vet thinks a mostly hay diet will control things), but Fizz needs a dental and she is also a terrible hay eater from what ive seen so far :(

I hope I can change her mind and turn her into a hay monster, regular GA's really worry me

Apart from that, they are ok but are terrified in big spaces :cry: they wont do anything in the run except hide in boxes, it's making me really sad

Back