• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Invested in a VERY expensive DSLR camera. Lovely pics of all my animals.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Spent rather a large amount on a DSLR camera and nearly a month researching on Which and online what would be the best pro camera suitable for me. Have taken over 500 photos in 3 days, half need binning. Still only know how to use the automatic settings, will have weeks to learn the manual settings.
to
A DSLR camera has a removable lens, rather large and heavy but very impressed. All the chinchilla and Mr Bennett photos are taken in very poor light and even though there is still room for improvement, much better quality then my old point and shoot digital.

The chinchillas. You can see how they all love to squeeze in and trample all over each other.

What camera did you get?!

Isn't the quality amazing? I suggest once you get to grips with the camera you start playing around with the settings - you can find so many interesting techniques on google/youtube which will add another dimension to your images!
You'll find it becomes a bit of an (expensive!) addiction... after you see a nice lens you want... or a flash... tripod... there's all sorts to spend your money on :lol:

What a lovely looking bunch :) They look ever so fluffy and cuddly...

What camera did you get?!

Isn't the quality amazing? I suggest once you get to grips with the camera you start playing around with the settings - you can find so many interesting techniques on google/youtube which will add another dimension to your images!
You'll find it becomes a bit of an (expensive!) addiction... after you see a nice lens you want... or a flash... tripod... there's all sorts to spend your money on :lol:

What a lovely looking bunch :) They look ever so fluffy and cuddly...

Canon ES1000 DS,

I used to have go on holiday and carry 3 types of film years ago. Colour, b&w and infer-red. I used to know how to use a manual camera and process film in a dark room but forgotten all of that now, I remember how addictive it was but have a long way to go to even get back to that level.

Love the pictures of the chinchillas :love::love:

I didn't know Mr Bennett had a white smudge on his nose, I had it in my mind he was all black.

Love the pictures of the chinchillas :love::love:

I didn't know Mr Bennett had a white smudge on his nose, I had it in my mind he was all black.

At night time in the dark it is the only way I can tell his back end from his face. :lol: I have nick named it his naughty nose because you can see it going up and down when he is up to no good.

Bandit looks just like my old bunny Iggy but without a bib! :cry: They are all so beautiful! :love:

Thanks. Sorry you lost Iggy. :(

Beautiful pics :love:
I have a canon too, my dads been teaching me all the manual settings recently as he got a new one too, you'll have loads of fun fiddling about with it all :D

Beautiful pics :love:
I have a canon too, my dads been teaching me all the manual settings recently as he got a new one too, you'll have loads of fun fiddling about with it all :D

I have done something wrong on the settings and cannot get back the big image on the main screen. :roll: Only used it for 2 hours and messed up. :lol: Have to read through the manual tomorrow.
:lol:

i thought my bunnies were sleek and shiny but mr b takes the shiny-prize today :love:

He is normally Mr Scruff. Remember I took nearly 500 photos in 2 days, including pics of London. :shock:

Fantastic photos! In daylight the sport setting is great for capturing action shots. Getting a DSLR is one of the best things I've ever spent money on.

Oh.My.Goodness! :shock: Those photos are all fantastic!
Okay...I don't know how. ..but somehow I have to get hands on an equivalent type of camera here in the U.S. My photography is so rubbish and all I've wanted lately is to get nice pictures of all the animals. (I do try to get the kids on film but they look at a camera the way Dracula looks at a sunrise.) :roll:

I'll have to mortgage an arm or a leg but that is far too tempting. :D

Awesome shots, BYB! :thumb:

Back