• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent- fosterers needed for short term emergency help!!

RogerRabbit999

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,
Apologies for this being in the wrong section but im in a really desperate situation and need some short term help. Basically, the room in my house that housed 5 rabbits (2 bonded pairs, 1 single neutered.male) the ceiling has come down and the rabbits are currently with a friend in Birmingham, but he can only keep the until wednesday, and i was wondering if anyone was able to offer any short term help. The two bonded pairs are two neutered males (both need to housed indoors) and 2 females (Pippa and her 8 week old kit Beatrice, who is still nursing. Must be indoors as well. I think i might have needed to message a moderator but am unable to do so at present as can only access internet by phone and this limitd what I can do. This is a really urgent situation as there is no way that i can have these rabbits back on wednesday and do not know what else i can do. All costs will be covered. PLEASE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP PM ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! Ideally with a mobile number as not sure whether i can reply to messages on my phone. THANKYOU.

Unfortunately I can't help with fostering etc, but are you able to drive? If you need help with transport I may be able to help.

I think your best bet might be to try to get them into boarding if you haven't already thought about that. Fingers crossed someone can help :(

i am bumping this to make sure it stays open. too far away but i hope you can get things sorted

Update!!- Please Read- Situation is critical!!

Thanks for the replies guys but time is fast running out and I'm just so stressed and worried now and don't no what to do, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I've been trying to arrange boarding as well, but have had to keep leaving messages and no one has got back to me yet.
What would others do pls? If I have them back Wed, and they have to go back in their room with the ceiling partly down, then I have already been advised that it is dangerous and unstable, and they could either be injured or worse, or become ill because of all the dust and wet that has come down along with the ceiling.
So what then? Take them to the RSPCA and clog up 5 rescue spaces, and totally destroy my buns in the process. Beatrice is only 8 weeks old and I thought she was going to be one of the lucky ones, already in her forever home the day she was born. The 2 bonded males are 'special needs' with neurological issues and his best mate has been through god only nos what, but caused him to spend literally months hid in the darkest corner of his hutch. Somebody please tell me what to do. This is breaking my heart with these buns so happy and settled.

Last edited:
I have outdoor space.........during the day, and then at night I could tuck them up safe and sound in my shed. Vetbed, snuggle boxes, heatpads if required, radio on, fleecy curtains to keep out any chill......
Happy to administer any meds, extra cuddles, and always around and about to keep a close eye on them.

Pippa and Beatrice could be housed indoors in my spare room.

Would this be of any help?

If so please pm me.

Numpty me........my lovely indoor accommodation would have space for all the buns. The floor space is taken with a pair of bunnies already, but I do have 2, 6' x 2' x2' hutches and 2, 4' x 2' x 2' hutches. I am sure for the short term this would be okay.
It is all still so new that I forget that I have got it all!!!!!:oops: And if they wanted larger space during the day, they could take it in turns to play in the playpen which would be erected in my other spare room.

If you are happy with that arrangement and trust me to care for your furry family, then they are most welcome to come and stay with me.

And also...I am in Worcestershire, so not too far away.:thumb:

Last edited:
I have outdoor space.........during the day, and then at night I could tuck them up safe and sound in my shed. Vetbed, snuggle boxes, heatpads if required, radio on, fleecy curtains to keep out any chill......
Happy to administer any meds, extra cuddles, and always around and about to keep a close eye on them.

Pippa and Beatrice could be housed indoors in my spare room.

Would this be of any help?

If so please pm me.

Numpty me........my lovely indoor accommodation would have space for all the buns. The floor space is taken with a pair of bunnies already, but I do have 2, 6' x 2' x2' hutches and 2, 4' x 2' x 2' hutches. I am sure for the short term this would be okay.
It is all still so new that I forget that I have got it all!!!!!:oops: And if they wanted larger space during the day, they could take it in turns to play in the playpen which would be erected in my other spare room.

If you are happy with that arrangement and trust me to care for your furry family, then they are most welcome to come and stay with me.

And also...I am in Worcestershire, so not too far away.:thumb:

Thank you so much. Am going to pm you now :thumb:

Thank Goodness for That! Bless you Mrs B!

Thank you. Anything to help bunnies......:thumb:

And these bunnies will get to meet two celebrities who are coming to formally open my new indoor accommodation. Nothing big or fancy, just about 8 people, some nibbles, some carrot juice, a little fizz and cut the pink tape.

Toyah Willcox and her OH, Robert Fripp!!!!!!!

So that will be 7 bunnies in the extension, and my furry family in the conservatory.:thumb:

OMG Violet is going to be so MAD at missing out on this :evil: I do have 2 other bunny designated rooms, but in one is my fab frenchie with a fractured pelvis :cry: but who is making a brilliant recovery on strict cage rest and pain relief. His partner, barc bunny Paddington is in the room with him and lays next to his crate, and share the same pile of hay in the corner of the crate.

I couldn't put any bunnies into their room though, because Paddington would have had to go in the crate as well, and then Buster would have been moving about too much and probably ruined all the healing and progress he has made.

Completely blind bunny Violet is constantly with me, and where I go, so does Violet, and then there is Scooter, who will be having a hind leg amputation shortly. So really no where else for them to go, and I have had to prioritise as to the most needy bunnies that need to stay with me, and obviously Buster cannot be moved.

All bunnies delivered to me yesterday evening.:thumb:

All have settled in really well, eating, drinking, peeing and pooing as normal.

Happy Bunnies!!!!!:D:love:

That's brilliant news, boarding would have cost quite a bit now you can save the money for your ceiling. Well done Mrs B!

Back