• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've finally met the Rainbow Rabbits :)

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter and I took Taz, who we were temporarily fostering, to Liz and Steve at Rainbow Rabbits today, along with another bunny couple who hitched a ride. There's a thread by Liz about the new arrivals already so I won't chat about them here but this one is to say:

a) how lovely it was to meet Liz and Steve today. It was a bit of a hectic afternoon but it was so nice to finally be able to put faces to names. :love: Sadly, the closest we got to a photo was one of my arm so I can't post any..... which is probably for the best :lol: The chocolate cake was to die for and I even surprised myself by managing to parallel park outside their house too - no mean feat for me, if you knew what a rubbish driver I am. :oops::lol: I hope we didn't take up too much of your afternoon though.

b) (more importantly perhaps!) it was such a pleasure to see the Rainbow Rabbits in person, apologies to poor Grace who had to suffer the indignity of sharing a sofa with me though! :lol: Photos don't do them all justice and it was obvious to see how well-loved they all are. Lulu was particularly beautiful but I really wish I'd worn a coat with huge pockets so I could sneak out a bunny or 5.....

I know that a lot of work has gone into the outdoor accommodation too and it really shows; the Rainbow Cottages look fantastic and I'd like to book myself into one for a week or two in the summer please! :lol:

c) Finally, thank you so much for taking Taz. :love: If it wasn't for you agreeing to take him, he probably wouldn't be here now and I'm so looking forward to seeing him flourish in the coming weeks and months.

Anyway, enough gushing from me. :lol: I can't fully appreciate how hard it must be for you both to do what you do for the bunnies but I'm so glad that you do (how many do's in one sentence...... :shock::oops::lol:)

I would have liked photos, but can understand that this wouldn't be top of your list of priorites with new buns to settle ... and wasn't there a cake to be sampled? ;)

It was lovely to meet you both too :wave: Your daughter is lovely and the vets she works for are very lucky to have her :love:

I agree it was a bit chaotic because of how poorly Peter had become :cry: But it was lovely to have an excuse to make and eat cake :lol:

I am a bit fed up that you never used the bathroom I spent ages cleaning it :roll: :lol:

Now you know where we are you must come back again so you can see Taz settled. But please don't bring any more bunnies with you!!

There was one photo................ :roll: :lol:

P1050930.jpg

Sounds like a lovely day, despite having to eat cake. ;)

I know, it was such a chore but I didn't want to offend Liz. ;):lol:

Lol at the photo, thank god it hasn't got my face in it! :lol: Poor Grace was trying to be all serious, posing for her daily fundraising photo & I had to go and ruin it for her. :lol::lol: The angle makes it look like I'm flattening her head :lol: but I was nowhere near her, honest.

I'd love to come back and see Taz when he's all settled and I'm sure Casey would too. :love: Next time I visit I'll make sure I use the loo. :p

Back