• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One year ago today....

elainema

Warren Scout
I entered the world of bunnies! I picked up Otis and Wilbur (then Tagalong and Skippy) from BARC. They were my compromise for my OH not wanting a dog. Little did I know then how much my life would change!
From that date my whole world has revolved around my bunnies. They have given me a purpose I didn't even know I needed!
Even going through the heartbreak of losing Wilbur hasn't made me regret my decision one little bit. Otis now has his beautiful wifey, Miranda (aka Maid Marian, also from BARC) and I am totally in love!
I have gone from a chicken coop and moveable run set up to a 5 x 5 summerhouse with an upstairs bit and permanent 6 x 5 run which takes up a large part of my quite little back garden!
My OH is constantly making 'improvements' to their house and I'm quite sure he's as smitten as I am on the quiet!
I'm addicted and if it was up to me my house and garden would be overrun with them. I never imagined for a minute as a non bunny owner that they would have such characters and personalities. They make be laugh every single day and so happy xxx

I entered the world of bunnies! I picked up Otis and Wilbur (then Tagalong and Skippy) from BARC. They were my compromise for my OH not wanting a dog. Little did I know then how much my life would change!
From that date my whole world has revolved around my bunnies. They have given me a purpose I didn't even know I needed!
Even going through the heartbreak of losing Wilbur hasn't made me regret my decision one little bit. Otis now has his beautiful wifey, Miranda (aka Maid Marian, also from BARC) and I am totally in love!
I have gone from a chicken coop and moveable run set up to a 5 x 5 summerhouse with an upstairs bit and permanent 6 x 5 run which takes up a large part of my quite little back garden!
My OH is constantly making 'improvements' to their house and I'm quite sure he's as smitten as I am on the quiet!
I'm addicted and if it was up to me my house and garden would be overrun with them. I never imagined for a minute as a non bunny owner that they would have such characters and personalities. They make be laugh every single day and so happy xxx

:lol: I love the part about your OH being smitten too... They come around. :thumb:

It's amazing how far you come as you learn more isn't it? Especially in regards to set ups and learning about their individual personalities. When I found Stanleigh-Rose I had no idea that I would end up with my lovely bunny crew now.

It's amazing how love for bunnies grow... And I can identify with how much happiness they bring. :love:

I remember seeing your two in posts from BARC when they 1st went to the rescue. What stunning bunnies, just my type of Rabbits :)

I never knew that one of them was at the bridge :( A beautiful angel bun :)

Thank you all! Otis, Miranda and I had a lovely day, even though there were a few tears from me for Wilbs .

I also remember Otis and Wilber (as they were called) from rabbits in need on here.

Just over a year ago (november 2012) I bought my first two rabbits and now I have eight!!!

I think rabbit set ups are one of the best things about this forum. So many great ideas and pictures. Yours sounds really good.

I also remember Otis and Wilber (as they were called) from rabbits in need on here.

Just over a year ago (november 2012) I bought my first two rabbits and now I have eight!!!

I think rabbit set ups are one of the best things about this forum. So many great ideas and pictures. Yours sounds really good.

Are Tessie and Daisy BARC buns? I think I remember seeing them when I went to look at Otis and Wilbur! I was solo tempted by them but I'd already fallen for Tagalong and Skippy as my two were then :love:
They are beautiful bunnies but then again all of your buns are!! :love:

Back