• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random Q...

Schez

Mama Doe
If your hutch set up was ready to be replaced (sigh, a time before RU, I got the 6 ft bit right, shame about quality :roll:) would you feel guilty about buying your bunnies a playhouse set up, if you worked it out to be better space/value for money... And if you had children?

I know, random and what does it matter? I just feel I might get some stick from certain family members if the bunnies got something like that and my children have a big plastic one.... Urgh. :?

no i wouldn't feel guilty. your family, your choice. :wave:

:D this is what I thought... But I get a nagging feeling I'll be judged. (My real ideal would be a shed and attached aviary.... Maybe I'll get quotes for those too... Hee-hee ;) )

I don't want people thinking I put my bunnies first, I just do my best for all my family, fury or not. ;)

:D this is what I thought... But I get a nagging feeling I'll be judged. (My real ideal would be a shed and attached aviary.... Maybe I'll get quotes for those too... Hee-hee ;) )

I don't want people thinking I put my bunnies first, I just do my best for all my family, fury or not. ;)

the way it should be :love: and kids seeing pets being cared for properly can only be a good thing. :love: and kids don't have to spend all their time in a plastic playhouse either! :lol: x

I've no children and never had any so really can't be of any great source of inspiration.

However....by giving your bunnies a fabulous setup, surely this will show your children and perhaps their friends how important the welfare of rabbits really is. Show them how to care and love for them properly...especially with Easter just on the horizon.:thumb:

Kids will grow out of them/get bored... For the rabbits it's for their life. So no I wouldn't feel guilty!

the way it should be :love: and kids seeing pets being cared for properly can only be a good thing. :love: and kids don't have to spend all their time in a plastic playhouse either! :lol: x

Very, very good point. :D :thumb:

And I am proud of my children, of the way they show care and concern for our animals and those in general. To see my four year old handle a tiny woodlouse like it was the most precious thing in the world melts me, especially when I had to save a poor spider from some older kids in work. :roll:

The children love the bunnies, and I think the bunnies love them too, they always run over when the boys call. :lol: think there must be some kind of dandelion pact going on... ;)

I've no children and never had any so really can't be of any great source of inspiration.

However....by giving your bunnies a fabulous setup, surely this will show your children and perhaps their friends how important the welfare of rabbits really is. Show them how to care and love for them properly...especially with Easter just on the horizon.:thumb:

Kids will grow out of them/get bored... For the rabbits it's for their life. So no I wouldn't feel guilty!

Thank you both, I really appreciate the input. Xx I feel really silly bringing it up now :oops: but it was a niggle that popped in my noodle and wouldn't go away... Meh. I'm going to plan for it anyway... :thumb: I'll get the children to help, then they can tell people why the bunnies have a fab set up and why it's important...

I'm going to browse the housing section for wonderful RU inspiration... I wonder if they do purple weather proof paint.... *dreams* :lol::thumb:

I agree with Steph, rabbits will make use of it for a lot more years than your kids would so it's money better spent.
I also agree with B&M, a plastic playhouse meets your kids needs perfectly well but a sturdy wooden structure is essential for your rabbits.

I'd check out the cost of sheds, when I was looking you seemed to pay a premium for playhouses looking pretty. Sheds worked out much better value.

Very, very good point. :D :thumb:

And I am proud of my children, of the way they show care and concern for our animals and those in general. To see my four year old handle a tiny woodlouse like it was the most precious thing in the world melts me, especially when I had to save a poor spider from some older kids in work. :roll:

The children love the bunnies, and I think the bunnies love them too, they always run over when the boys call. :lol: think there must be some kind of dandelion pact going on... ;)

ahhh a dandelion pact! my nan had one of those with bisc and matt :lol:

:love: at your kids aswell. it's a shame not everyone brings them up to respect animals :roll:

Back