• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

little tinker...cleverer than i thought!

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
So it would appear Poppy is a complete little tinker!

I was not supposed to be at home tonight I was supposed to be going to my parents in law and out for a Chinese for my OH birthday but Poppy has put a stop to that! I planned it all around her, we would leave here at around 4.30 so I could give poppy her tea and then we'd stay over and travel back so wed be back around 10 so her breakfast wouldn't be too late. I think she cottoned on and racked her brain for an idea of what to do to make me stay!...it worked!

I got back from shopping around 3 and she seemed quite quiet but I didn't think anything of it. Then I gave her her tea and she didn't even move! I tried to feed her anything and everything she usually likes and she didn't flinch, lick, nothing! She then started to lay out looking quite uncomfortable. At this point I got quite upset and worried. My OH said I needed to stay here to check she was ok, I rang my mum and she said to ring the vets so I did and arranged to take her to the out of hours vet. My Dad set off to get me and Poppy (my sat nav has broken and I have never been to the out of hours vets before) and my OH set of to his parents. I was worried but pleased she is insured!!!!!

Literally five minutes after my OH set off and I decided to stay here she perked up! She started eating her herbs, apple and treats (all the yummy stuff!). I rang the out of hours vets and they told me to keep an eye on her and make sure that what she had eaten moved through her and came out the other end. I couldn't get hold of my dad so he made the 45 minute journey here and by that point she was trashing her pen as usual and pooing as normal!!!!

She has now eaten all of her yummies and all of her pellets that I gave her for her tea, had some lovely big drinks and passed some lovely looking poos!

Little madam go what she wanted!!!!! good job I adore her!

I love the way you had everything planned out around her (I do that with mine too) and how your family are all so supportive.

Naughty Poppy!!!

Back