• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What makes rabbits special?

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
Binx and Belle have captured my heart in the most fascinating way. And Im thinking about adding to my bunny family when finances permit. I know from the foram that a lot of folks have many more, 2 4 6 + bunnies. I always thought I was a doggy person, I love dogs, especially my Tob and Rox who iv has since before I had my children, they were my babies. But I could see me having more bunnies, before more doggies in the future. What is it about rabbits that captivates our hearts, why are they just soooooo lovely. Binx is so cheeky and Belle is such a cute little babe, they both have their quirky little ways and they live and love every day to the full, exploring, blissfully chilling out, being naughty and playful. Blue Belle loves to sit in the hay tray :roll: for aaaaages. And Binx iv discovered doesn't like The Beatles :shock: I love to watch them.:love:

I had the privilege of sharing my life with the most special bunny ever. My Dexy & I were inseparable, he was always in my arms and licking any part of skin he could reach. I miss him so much :cry: I only had him for 4 months when I had to have him pts as he suffered with EC. It broke my heart and I didn't want to live without him. So many people don't get bunnies, I didn't until Dex, but he was my soulmate :love::love::love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the privilege of sharing my life with the most special bunny ever. My Dexy & I were inseparable, he was always in my arms and licking any part of skin he could reach. I miss him so much :cry: I only had him for 4 months when I had to have him pts as he suffered with EC. It broke my heart and I didn't want to live without him. So many people don't get bunnies, I didn't until Dex, but he was my soulmate :love::love::love:

:( so sorry you lost him. So he liked to lick a lot, what a lovely affectionate little guy :love: :lol: I totally hear what you are saying, I do feel that people don't get them. And I to didn't understand just how smart, intelligent and loving they were untill Binx but now I can appreciate them in the most thoughtfull, respectful way for the amazing little creatures they are. If the whole country was educated on rabbits there would be so many more re-homed, because so many people who were previously unaware would then finally 'get' them. :D

Oh goodness, that's a huge q to answer... I've just been sat here discussing it with hubby... :oops::lol:

I've been lucky to have lots of different animals come into my life over time, but nothing compares to rabbits... My bunny love started very young, but the more I learnt (learning :love:) the more I want to learn.

Imagine my delight when I discovered bunnies could be indoor pets too :lol: I still get people being judgemental about Reggie being indoors though :( and about how my bunnies are kept in spaces which are "too big" :roll:

I still can't answer the "what makes rabbits special?" question, but I do know how it makes me feel to have them as part of our family. :love:

:( so sorry you lost him. So he liked to lick a lot, what a lovely affectionate little guy :love: :lol: I totally hear what you are saying, I do feel that people don't get them. And I to didn't understand just how smart, intelligent and loving they were untill Binx but now I can appreciate them in the most thoughtfull, respectful way for the amazing little creatures they are. If the whole country was educated on rabbits there would be so many more re-homed, because so many people who were previously unaware would then finally 'get' them. :D

Thank you, yes he licked me constantly whenever I was within reach. Never known a bunny like it before or since :love::love::love:

Oh goodness, that's a huge q to answer... I've just been sat here discussing it with hubby... :oops::lol:

I've been lucky to have lots of different animals come into my life over time, but nothing compares to rabbits... My bunny love started very young, but the more I learnt (learning :love:) the more I want to learn.

Imagine my delight when I discovered bunnies could be indoor pets too :lol: I still get people being judgemental about Reggie being indoors though :( and about how my bunnies are kept in spaces which are "too big" :roll:

I still can't answer the "what makes rabbits special?" question, but I do know how it makes me feel to have them as part of our family. :love:

:lol::lol:It's not like they usually live in wide open field spaces or anything!

I never had pets and although I always wanted a cat, I was never in a position to get one until I moved to Kent with OH. A couple of months later after researching rescue cats and not finding one for us, I had a call from my mum to say that my auntie needed rid of her rabbits :roll:. They were bought for her as an Easter present (Yes, I know!!) and then she'd decided to adopt a staffie 'who kept trying to eat the rabbits':roll: I agreed to take them not knowing anything about them and had to do massive research in a short space of time but I don't think I'd ever get a different type of animal again. I would like a dog but me and OH are agreed that unless we have acres of space that was secure for them to run around in during the day, we wouldn't get one.

I love the fact that mine live outside and have the best personalities, they run to me for treats, they love (mainly DM) being stroked, they stomp at the weirdest things, I love the little noise they make when trying to sniff out food, I love the grunt noise when Penfold tries to explain who is charge to DM along with a whole host of other things. Even when I bring them inside, they are just gorgeous :love::love::love:

They are gentle, sensitive and so very beautiful.

They are so full of joy as they hop and binky about.

They are inquisitive.

They love each others company. The sight of rabbits all cuddled up together is just heart melting.

They respond to people, especially people with food for them!

I just love it how they wiggle their noses and chew their hay.....really funny as you watch a blade of hay disappear in seconds :lol: while they have this blank expression and just stare at you :lol: I love it how Binx stretches out with his legs spread like a star fish :lol: with his massive fluffy bum sticking up, he has the biggest bum ever!:lol:

thats easy cos they are just nutts :lol:

watching my 3 at the moment from the back step casserole is trying to lie down in the shady patch of dirt :roll: Stu is intently watching for him to let his guard down and then bonk his head :lol: poor Casserole :roll: and Dumplin is just racing round doing binkies all over the place :love:

and when you get a cuddle all the cares in the world just melt away:thumb:

thats easy cos they are just nutts :lol:

watching my 3 at the moment from the back step casserole is trying to lie down in the shady patch of dirt :roll: Stu is intently watching for him to let his guard down and then bonk his head :lol: poor Casserole :roll: and Dumplin is just racing round doing binkies all over the place :love:

and when you get a cuddle all the cares in the world just melt away:thumb:

:lol::lol: craaaaaazzzzzzy :lol: they sound so funny. Are they in a run? What size?

I think they are the cutest, most beautiful of animals, mine are always happy to see me and intereact, I love just watching them play or eat, I can't explain it but just thinking about them makes me all warm and fuzzy :love:

:lol::lol: craaaaaazzzzzzy :lol: they sound so funny. Are they in a run? What size?

They were free range in the garden :D I have three complete nut jobs :love: they are much the same in the run which is 1.5m wide x 2.4m long a d 60cm high :D (new one to be made ready for summer)

they have eaten much of the timber on the bottom and have escaped via tunnel Bout 4 times to date :roll: I have to check for attempted break outs every day :lol: and have also meshed the bottom of the run which they are attacking daily for weak spots :roll:

Back