• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! stood on Lolas foot

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
I didn't realise she was behind me and stepped back, I put almost all of my weight on it and now she's reluctant to put weight on it.

I've done it before but she's always been okay after a couple of mins.

I don't want to take her to a crappy OOH vet but what can I do? I think I have some metacam left from Misty's spey last year?

Why do these things happen at a weekend :(

Posted here as more traffic in a morning.

Just going to check on her :(

I would give it a little while to see how she goes with it then try to have a quick check to see if it is still sensitive.

I am sure that there will be someone along soon with more experienced advice but I would be reluctant to put her through all the stress of an OOH vets visit until I was sure it was necessary, especially if they are rubbish anyway.

Healing Vibes for you both coming your way

Panic over I think, she seems a little better and is putting more weight on it. As long as she doesn't stop eating I think I can afford to wait and see.

I am a very guilty mumma and I have to go out so my mum has very strict instructions to call me if she hasn't improved. I think a stop at morrisons is compulsory for some nommy treats for being so naughty :(

Hiya, Saturday mornings are not normally out of hours :? I am sure there will be a vet open to take her to today :wave: I think she would probably need metacam if nothing else, as it will no doubt be sore :wave:

Loads of vets are open saturday mornings :wave: most vets have some sort of service on saturday and don't charge extra.

Companion Care vets are also open on a sunday, so they are an option.

Thanks for the replies! I thought it was OOH all weekend for vets, d'oh.

Lola is absolutely fine now anyway, big panic over nothing! We're snuggling so I'm definitely forgiven :thumb:

Back