• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nerve wrecking Visit to the Vets

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Took Bobby for his vaccs, I said you can't handle him, Vet said I will just lift him out of the carrier - Bobby flew across the room and hit his head :cry: Bobby is not a young bun he will be 8 next month and has never let you pick him up. Just hope he isn't too shaken up. The Vet didn't mean any harm so I am not angry with her, just nerve-wrecked!

next time INSIST that either you and the vet combined or the vet and a nurse do it -

they should have listened to you!!!

How awful for you and for Bobby. My vet always lets me put the carrier on the floor in case of such things. Hope he is ok and that your nerves have recovered.

Our really difficult buns have been put in top opening carriers and the vet vaccination while in the carrier.

Hope he is ok x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, they always do him in the carrier and she did that today then she said I'll just lift him out and I didn't like to say No. I suppose she wanted to check him over which should be done before the vac surely. Anyway, he has just come out from hiding and he's eating now so he's obviously got over it!

Oh no, poor you and Bobby :( it's a horrible shock when they do it. My now totally unhandleable girl Frankie did this. I pushed my luck with how long she was out of the carrier really and she took a flying leap. I just caught her by her back legs as she was just sort of hanging down my body it was awful. She now has a reputation and is treated on the floor!!

My previous bunnies used to leap up off the table onto my chest for safety, which was the cutest thing ever, but not Frankie!

Back