• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround are offering free upgrade for old style doors

katie88

Mama Doe
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152287250828259&id=767448258#!/RabbitRunaround

They've posted on their Facebook page that anyone who has a mark 1 or mark 2 door (the ones with the swivel clips) can upgrade to a mark 3 for free. I've messaged them quick in case they change their minds!

Following the recent thread about the terrible damage to an outdoor setup including runaround caused by a fox, I thought this might be useful for a lot of us. I have one mark 1 door and one mark 3 door and although I find the mark 1 more convenient, the mark 3 does feel more secure.

It's fantastic isn't it, I've asked for upgrades to 2 of my doors. I've got another door somewhere but it's missing at the moment so I won't ask for an upgrade for that! It's a direct consequence of Santas thread in photos/pictures of her fox attack, so I'm very thankful to her for posting her story!

That is fantastic news :thumb: I've already got mark 3 doors but it's great for anyone who hasn't :thumb:

How can I tell what kind I have? Mine looks like their recently posted photo, is that mk 3?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

How can I tell what kind I have? Mine looks like their recently posted photo, is that mk 3?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes that's mark 3. The earlier ones have swivel clips on the outside that are used to hold the door in place.

They offered them when they first brought out the new doors so it's not a new thing don't panic :lol: I'm sure they'd give them away at any time. I'm not sure what mine are but I didn't use any of the swivel clips or anything, mine were just permanently attached with the nuts and bolts which are VERY hard to get off!! As I've just discovered when I needed to get them off my hutches :lol: and they were very secure so I've not upgraded but I think it's the ones if u want them to be removable or closable am I right?

I don't know which type I have and we're moving soon and foxes are sadly rife in that area, so I'm worried. I do. Have clamps on the outside, where the pipes attached and they are clear. They did send swivel clips out but the instructions suggested using the clamps, which in did, so which type are mine if anyone can help please? :oops:

I don't know which type I have and we're moving soon and foxes are sadly rife in that area, so I'm worried. I do. Have clamps on the outside, where the pipes attached and they are clear. They did send swivel clips out but the instructions suggested using the clamps, which in did, so which type are mine if anyone can help please? :oops:

This is the new mark 3 door: http://www.runaround.co.uk/products/runaround-door-1. It has 2 sets of half moon clamp things on the outside, one of which has the corner cut off to allow you to swing it up. It also comes with a wingut. On the other side there are 4 swivel clips to hold the clear blocker plate in place.

The mark 1 and 2 doors come with similar pieces to the mark 3, but will have no little notch cut out of the one half moon shape, and no wingnut. You can connect the older style doors with the 2 half moon shapes on the outside, but the mark 3 has the notch out and the wingnut to make it easier to attach.

This is the mark 2 I think. It has 1 half moon and 2 swivel clips on each side, but no wingnut and no notch cut out.

(Excuse the blurry photo, it was the best I had on photobucket!)

Thanks. It's the mark 2 I have then. I've used the two half moon things on the outside to secure the. Pipe, so I'm guessing it's just as secure, but more of a pain to fit? (Which it was.... :lol: )

I'm a bit worried after reading the other thread, as when we move I had wanted too attach an aviary to the kennel using a runaround so the buns would have more space, but now I'm thinking maybe that's unwise? :(

If you upgrade to the mark 3 door and fix it so as you need tools to remove it then it will be fine :thumb:

Back