• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i'm missing my rabbits terribly

willowflower27

Mama Doe
It'll be three years since I lost Finley next week and as the anniversary approaches I'm missing my bunnies horriibly tonight I can't have any more rabbits I don't have the money or time what with everything else going on I guess what I find so surprising is how lost I feel it's like without rabbits I'm not me if that makes sense everything was about the rabbits, I enjoyed them so much anyway before I keep rambling has anyone else found themselves bunnyless? How do you cope?I have many other pets who I love dearly but they are NOT rabbits it's hard to explain
Anyway here's the last photo of my 2 together it's not great but just 2 months after it was taken they were both gone
IMAG0280_zps0cee8b61.jpg

i haven't been bunnyless for the last 7 3/4 years. but it will seem odd when it happens. my four are all indoors and are a big part of my life. i miss gertrude the gerbil, and fluffy the hamster. and pat, the dog, over forty years later. i think a lot depends on the personalities of the animals. i can understand the pull of rabbits. but, they are expensive and hard work. i'm determined not to have any more.

Hey there,
Anniversaries are always really tough, I'm sorry you lost your two buns so close together, so sad.
I've still got buns so I'm not in your position, but i lost a bun last July, and this week I popped into the vets to pick up some stuff for my cat, and the vet who put Coco to sleep was there, I cried my eyes out for an hour. At first I tried to stop myself crying, my inner voice saying "pull yourself together", but then I just decided to let it out.
I think anniversaries, or anytime really, but especially anniversaries, are a time to 'let it out', if you feel sad, let it happen, if you want to cry, do so. It's an emotional time and I think doing what feels right for you is the right thing for you.
Sending hugs xx

Back