• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

24/7 run access yet?

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Have those of you who have young outdoor bunnies given them 24/7 run access yet or is it too cold.

Katniss started using the ramp on Monday and Prim has been using it today (whoop whoop), Cinna used it right from day one as she's the most adventureous.

They were previously doing 12 hours in the run and 12 in the hutch.

So now they can all shelter inside the hutch if they want I could leave the ramp open so they can access the run too. Hutch has a cover that I using put down at night and a closed off bedroom area, run has a three quarter rain cover, tent, two tunnels and small house for them to shelter in so that should be enough....

So do you think it's ok to let them have access to the run all the time now?

Mine have access to the run 24/7 all year round. Night time is when they are most active so will be warm enough from that I would think (hope)!

Cool, will do that, they didn't have a run at the rescue and had supervised garden access instead so I wasn't sure as they weren't used to being out and their hutch there was covered and insulated.

My bunnies have 24/7 access all year round. The open area of the hutch gets as cold as the run anyway, just with a bit of a warmer floor, so it isn't any different. They can choose to go into their hutch when they want to, which they always do when it is raining or snowing.

Back