• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hay 4 pets delivery - damp hay

JackieS

Warren Scout
I ordered the buns some meadow hay from hay for pets on Tuesday - it arrived very speedily yesterday but got taken in by a neighbour so I could only pick it up this morning

On getting it home I noticed the hay is very damp (I've pulled out some from the middle and it's damp too) and there is condensation on the inside if the bag. It's doesn't seem mouldy

Is it still edible? Is it possible to dry it out?

I ordered the buns some meadow hay from hay for pets on Tuesday - it arrived very speedily yesterday but got taken in by a neighbour so I could only pick it up this morning

On getting it home I noticed the hay is very damp (I've pulled out some from the middle and it's damp too) and there is condensation on the inside if the bag. It's doesn't seem mouldy

Is it still edible? Is it possible to dry it out?

I would contact them for a refund. I have always found them really helpful. Once had some delivered to my old address by mistake (my error) and they sent me a new batch at a reduced price!

Did your neighbour keep it outside / in a garage overnight? It might have got damp then, I know it was quite frosty and foggy here this morning. If not I would contact Hay4pets and see what they say.

No, she had it in her hallway. I've opened the bag right up to let it air and will see if that makes any difference before I call them

if it gets left by a radiator it can sweat and get damp... I've done that :oops:

I noticed first thing in the morning so it was only for a few hours, I opened it right up and left it near the radiator and it dried with no issues, but i caught it quickly!

Hope yours isn't too far gone!

don't risk feeding it. contact them and they will send another out for you. i've had a few damp, mouldy bags aswell and they usually replace or refund them :wave:

Back