• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New work colleague has a rabbit....update p5

Den

Mama Doe
Much to another colleagues amusement. I understand she said to our boss with her head in her hands and said "oh no C has a rabbit".

I only found this out 10 mins before I left yesterday, but now I've got to tactfully find out if she needs rabbit care training as well as work training.:D

He's a single American Rex ? aged 7 who had a sister who died when she was 3 so poor boys been alone for 4 years.

I know lots have single bunnies but I'm 99% certain he lives outside on his own, not inside as a house bunny.

Hope I'm wrong.:(

Last edited:
Urgh I hate it when people I know get rabbits. I want to scream at them to get it right, but civilisation dictates I have to do it calmly and politely :lol:

I know the feeling. A friend of mine has a rabbit who I look after when they go away. Last time his claws were so long it was atrocious :cry: and I cut them, obviously. I thought I bet they don't cut them until he comes to me again :cry: I was surprised when they told me they had clipped them last week, but horrified to hear they tranced him to do it :cry: he's on his own in a 4ft hutch no run, I keep telling them how much space they need but nothing's happening. I know they let him free range sometimes but still :cry: I have offered him a home lots of times as the kids aren't bothered with him and mum is doing all the cleaning out etc but then they don't want to give him up :cry:

That's my rant over!!

Yep I know. My favourite *heavy sarcasm* pastime is telling people what their rabbits probably died from. Not that they seem to give a :censored: "oh he was fine, just hadn't eaten for days." Or "she was so cute, what with her head leaning over to one side." Or "yeah was weird how his tummy was so swollen."

Ignorance is truly bliss for the owners at least :cry:

Well today I discovered:-

POSITIVE

He's neutered, as was his late sister, he's vaccinated every year and gets free range time in the garden.

NEGATIVE

He lives alone, outside and he didn't get a new friend when his sister died as they didn't think rabbits lived that long and it wasn't worth getting another. Now they wished they had. They were bought as cute babies for when the children were 6 and 9!

Tomorrow I have a hay for pets delivery and will discuss diet!

Back