• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

humping issue

So I've had my rabbits for almost a year now. The boy has been neutered but the girl hasn't. I am yet to contact the vet about her getting 'done' but I will do shortly. In the mean time, how do I stop the girl jumping on the back of the boy? She pulls out his fur and he runs away and tries to hide. I am worried she may start biting him and worsen the situation. How do i prevent her from doing this? I am attempting to train her by putting her in the hutch everytime I catch her but as I am not always around, I can't always catch her doing it. They do not like being separated and have had issues before when we had to separate them before the boy was neutered. Any advice?
Thanks

The only way to stop her is to have her neutered, as its her hormones ruling her. She won't understand why you are putting her in her hutch so that won't work at all to teach her

Is there anything for the mean time though? Im nervous for my other rabbit. I will get her done as soon as I can but it will still be in a week earliest as vet is busy

I guess extra toys and maybe hangs the layout, to occupy her? And lots of hidey places so he can get away if he wants to. You might have to separate them though and just keep them so thy ca. See each other

It's very upsetting for some of the neutered boys when they keep being pestered by their mate. She doesn't understand why he won't mate with her and he feels useless and inadequate. If she is really bad the best way is to separate them and book her in to be spayed.

Back