• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New friend x

Panjanda

Alpha Buck
Have finally got a friend for Steel,she is in the shed in her own hutch but I have cut the side out and replaced it with mesh so they can smell and see each other...... Fingers crossed they get on:thumb:

Good luck with the bonding when you get to it. Is steel's new friend already neutered or will you have to wait a bit?

I had a rabbit I loved her very much she passed 2years ago no other rabbit can ever place her ever but I really want to get another bunny I love rabbits I am very passionate about rabbits and other animals I don't know what to do it's hard when you get attached and they go it was very hard for me to get over my last rabbit I don't want to feel like I'm replacing her what would you guys suggest?

I had a rabbit I loved her very much she passed 2years ago no other rabbit can ever place her ever but I really want to get another bunny I love rabbits I am very passionate about rabbits and other animals I don't know what to do it's hard when you get attached and they go it was very hard for me to get over my last rabbit I don't want to feel like I'm replacing her what would you guys suggest?

Firstly, hello and welcome to RU.:wave:

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dear rabbit, however it does sound as if she had a lovely home with you.

How about contacting a rabbit rescue, there are numerous ones up and down the country, with a view to adopting a new little furry friend? Most rescues, do home checks beforehand and unless there is a very good reason for bunnies not to have been neutered, then they are neutered, vaccinated and have full health checks. Also hopefully any rescue should ideally give you some background about your prospective new bunny's personality, behaviour etc.

And lastly, you are never replacing your bunny, from my experience they can never be replaced as they are all so special and individual, but hopefully offering an unwanted bunny another or perhaps their first chance of a loving and caring home. I feel sure that you would quickly come to love another bunny.

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

Good luck with the bonding when you get to it. Is steel's new friend already neutered or will you have to wait a bit?

Steel is neutered but Hazel isn't spayed yet as only eight weeks old so will wait a bit but let them see each other through the mesh.....not sure if that's the right thing to do but it's going ok sofar :love:

Back