• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blossom away on a courting holiday

Riggs

Warren Scout
The house is so empty without her.

After loosing my little man Malcolm a couple of weeks ago and after considerable deliberation I decided that Blossom should have the opportunity to meet a friend sooner rather than later.

Although it all seems a bit quick for me Blossom loves company and attention so I think it is the best for her.

To this end Blossom has gone off to Auntyanimal to meet a potential partner and out of the possibles I have got down to a short list of two, so difficult to decide and there is also that guilty feeling as though I am replacing malcolm with somebunny else.

Anyway here are the two candidates, both about 5 years old.

Lucky (A half Wildie)

Spice

And not to be left out the girl her self Blosskins, still sporting her winter coat which does make her look a bit porky

Both potential partners look lovely, I hope she bonds with one of them.

Btw your very near me do you mind me asking which vets you use please?

They're both very handsome!

I also believe that the correct term is 'floofy'. One does not call an elegant doe 'porky'. :roll:;)

:love:

Hi tabithacat, both boys are lovely and today is the day that I have to decide who will be the first date, exiting and scary all at the same time, really want to get this right for Blossom as she so loves company.

I use Good Companions Vets in Stanstead Abbots near Harlow who have been good for me and came recommended, you can look them up on the web at goodcompanionsvets.co.uk

Ok day off today so over to Aunties to see Blossom and make a decision.

Hope today goes well :)

I used to work at good companions, Pip was the other Saturday girl then. Sadly that's too far for me :(

Thanks Everyone, was over at Aunties today to meet with the boys again and it is so difficult to decide who will get the first date, but after much deliberation I have decided that tomorrow Blossom will be introduced to Lucky, if that doesn't work out then Spice is next in line, in the end it will be Blossom who choses who will come home with her.

So by this time next week we may well be ready to welcome the new couple home.

Will be glad to get Blossom home as I mis having her around, it was so difficult leaving her today, when I arrived she ran over to the edge of the run to say hello and when I left she had he feet up on the bars and was watching me leave, talk about making you feel guilty, still will all be for the best in the end.

Heres looking forward to the homecoming.

Hope today goes well :)

I used to work at good companions, Pip was the other Saturday girl then. Sadly that's too far for me :(

:wave: tabithakat64, how about starting a thread "rabbit savvy vet recommendations near ......." Hopefully someone might come up with some suggestions?

Riggs, hope all goes well today, sending bonding vibes :thumb:

So Bonding started properly this morning, Spice was being a bit territorial when in the run next door so was moved out and back into his own run, Luck moved in next to Blossom and things were looking very relaxed so the first date went ahead this afternoon.

Aunty sent me this video, sorry about the quality, low light, Phone camera but you get the picture :lol:

What do you think, looks like a love thing to me, just hope it is not a one night stand.

More later.

Riggs

Last edited:
Its all looking very promising.

I went through the same thing last July. I won't say 'dont feel guilty about Malcolm' because you will, but the feeling will pass. You're doing what's best for Blossom, and the lasting memorial to Malcolm is that you're helping 2 other rabbits - Blossoms eventual new friend, thus freeing up a space for another needy bunny.

Bonding vibes for Blossom and Lucky.:love:

Thank you all for your kind comments and bonding Vibes.

Most important thing for me is doing the right thing for Blossom, she loves company and attention so much that I couldn't let her be alone for very long. So far things are looking good and much better than I had even hoped for.

Lucky Is a 4 year 10 month Half wildie and has lived on his own up till now so I am amazed how he has taken to Blossom so quickly, he is a bit nervous and flighty around people but hopefully having Blossom by his side will help him with his confidence.

Looking forward to them coming home now.

Here are a couple more photos from Aunty from tonight

Off to see them this morning then working this afternoon but will take some pics and get them up as soon as I can, reports are that they were very cuddly last night so looks like love.

Looking forward to brining them home, another couple more days at Aunties to let them get properly used to each other.

Hi everyone, went to see the happy couple today (Or is that yesterday), was working till late so here is a quick picture of them, more later when I have some time.

They will be coming home in the next couple of days, so looking forward to it, so exiting.

Lit a candle for Malcolm tonight, I am sure that he would be glad that Blossom has found somebunny to keep her company.

The Happy Couple.

Back