• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunny owners

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Hi indoor bunny owners that have a set up of a pen and then free range bunnies when you're home. Just wondered do you let your bunnies out in the morning? I've had Millie and Maddie for 3 months but I haven't let them out on a weekday morning so far. I really struggle to get out of bed in Winter but now it is light out I thought I might let them out in the morning. I'm not one of those people who sits around in the morning having breakfast etc I just get up with enough time to shower and get ready and feed the bunnies now too. They get 5 hours free range on a weekday evening. At the weekend they usually get about 10 hours on both days.

Would 30 minutes be okay in the morning or would you give them longer? Then they have 5 hours free range in the evening too.

When we had a pen, we used to just let them out in the morning while we got ready for work - that would have been about 30 minutes.
Then we just ditched the pen so now they're free-range 24/7.

When we had a pen, we used to just let them out in the morning while we got ready for work - that would have been about 30 minutes.
Then we just ditched the pen so now they're free-range 24/7.

I'd love to let them free range all day but I couldn't trust them at the moment. Maddie thinks she's superbun and tries to fly! And Millie loves to eat the carpet. I'd have to get up earlier and watch them. Maybe I'll find I become one of those sit and drinks tea and watches TV morning people!

I don't let mine out in the morning, I'd never get them back in

I don't have that problem with my two as they will do anything for food! Even hay does the trick if I say "what's this" they come running because they know they are getting something new to eat! Anybody would think they don't get fed the way they act around food :lol:

Back