• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby and Rosies expansion (End result)

luna

Mama Doe
So here it is, we spent half the weekend doing this but I have finally got an enclosure that I am happy with. We have given them as much space as we can in our kitchen without blocking off our walk way.

It measures 6 ft x 3.7 ft and has levels giving the set up a total surface area of approximately 28 square feet.

They have lots of yummy Hay in their litter box and I have ordered a jumbo sized version of that litter box so they have more space to be in there at the same time and I can pack it with hay :)

I would love to know what you all think . Apologies if the pictures are huge. I'm posting from my phone x

ybymy4er.jpg

yruze5u6.jpg

se2uja4e.jpg

a4u6e7a5.jpg

u5e2usym.jpg

u9yma5y4.jpg

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Great job! It doesn't look out of place in your living room either :love:

Great base - I assume they get plenty of out-of-base time too, so that's cool! :)

Great job! It doesn't look out of place in your living room either :love:

Great base - I assume they get plenty of out-of-base time too, so that's cool! :)

Thanks Graham :) yeah we thought it would be an eye sore but I picked soft colours to go inside and cream lino so it's not too intrusive I guess.

They get a total of 8 hours free range a day. 4 in the morning and 4 hours in the evening. I would like to give them more of course but can't let them out when my four year old is around because they could get injured. I have tried letting them free range at night but Bobby goes up on top of the cage and couch and pee's on them :(

looks lovely :love: how do you keep it so clean though!! :shock:

The covered litter box seems to be doing the trick for now and I do a spot clean / sweep out twice a day.

I am lucky though that I have tidy buns. They are so good with their litter box , long may it last :)

Mine had a covered litter tray but they just pulled all the hay out. They particularly delight in being messy.

Oh naughty buns , I actually caught Rosie doing that yesterday evening !!! I hope she doesn't make a habit of it x

Back