• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veggies

I feed my 4 a tub full every morning, I try to stick to mainly spring greens or Savoy cabbage, curly kale, various herbs, carrot tops and the odd bit of fruit or veg treat like carrot, broccoli or apple. Can't wait for all the free stuff to start growing! Once i can get forage from outside, they mainly get that - dandelion, plantain, coltsfoot, willow, brambles etc. :D

Mine have a big bowl full every morning. Main part is spring greens, with sprouts, celery, green pepper, herbs, cabbage mixed in, and a bit of spinach occasionally. I avoid apple and carrots as they are both sweet and so no good for teeth or digestive system.

Mine probably have two handfuls between two of them in the evening (they have their pellets in the morning). I try to have 3 different things a day. They'll have parsley, rocket, watercress and celery most weeks and then they get little bits of my veg too like broccoli, spinach and cauliflower leaves. Very occasionally they have a tiny bit of carrot chopped up and sprinkled over their salad! They've never had fruit.

After much research and measuring mine get 3 cups a day between the three of them, mostly kale and dried herbs but also Bok Choi, fresh herbs and broccoili. After cutting out the carrot and swede and cutting the pellets down by a third to two eggcups between them a day, I haven't seen any more uneaten cecal's either :)
I've also upped there hay :)

They get about a cup of vegetables each, mostly lettuce with a few pieces of something else.

Lettuce isn't really the best thing for rabbits as it can give them diarrhoea, but I think some of the darker leaved varieties are ok in small amounts. I don't give any lettuce at all.

Lettuce isn't really the best thing for rabbits as it can give them diarrhoea, but I think some of the darker leaved varieties are ok in small amounts. I don't give any lettuce at all.

I don't give them iceberg lettuce, which is the kind of lettuce that can cause problems. Regular lettuce is recommended by the House Rabbit Society and approved by all three rabbit savvy vets in my area :wave:

Mine have a small handful each twice a day, though that's an increase in their usual amount as they've both been ill recently so I was giving more veg to encourage eating. I think I may try and cut down to one cup a day each, perhaps pellets in the morning and veg at night.

I don't give them iceberg lettuce, which is the kind of lettuce that can cause problems. Regular lettuce is recommended by the House Rabbit Society and approved by all three rabbit savvy vets in my area :wave:

Ah right I thought it was all best avoided but that's prob just me scared I'll give them the wrong thing :lol:

My two love chinese leaf lettuce :thumb: I imagine it might be a good alternative to cabbage/spring greens etc for gassy buns!

Mine have spring greens, romaine lettuce (sometimes), celary, brussel sprouts (they love them still on the stalks), corriander, parsley and as much forage as I can collect (not much atm). I dont give them fruit.

They have a big handful each every morning along with lots of hay. Then pellets and hay at night. A small handful of pellets each and lots of hay.

Back