• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Self Catering with Rabbits

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you have had success with finding self catering accommodation that accepts small animals? I've seen a thread where one bunny was taken on holiday with the rest of his family but I have 5 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs. I have elderly bunnies who travel well but I'm not comfortable leaving them with any of the boarding facilities I have researched so far.

Ideally, we're looking for accommodation in the Lake District as it's within reasonable travelling distance and obviously we'd ensure we had pen panels to keep the bunnies out of mischief. Please let me know if you're aware of any places that would be willing to accommodate my small warren (and also two humans!) Thanks

Where abouts are you, maybe someone could recommend a boarder :) Just thinking even if you can board some it might be easier to find somewhere as five rabbits and a couple of guinea pigs might sounds a bit daunting to someone renting places out. It's not impossible though, my parents bought a bunny down on their way back from a trip Scotland as part of a rescue bunny run and the place they were staying was happy for it to stay, although that was one bun in a cage for one night :)

braddicks in westward ho were great I took both my rabbits and dog also north hill cottages in the same area lovely cottage called gleebland was great I nearly always take my rabbits away with me with no problems we also have a small camper just ask you can also look up on Google rabbits welcome holiday accommodation good luck

Back