• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emotional day

adoptafosteredbunny

Warren Scout
Feeling so happy and sad at the same time! We had Mel and Sue since they were 7 weeks old and really fell in love with them. Now 2 months later their hormones kicked in and they started fighting! So horrible to witness! So now they have gone back to the rescue.

So sad about that, but also weirdly happy to have a new bun in the house. It is always very exciting. We are just lucky that we've got a new foster bunny right away, otherwise I think we would be crying for days.

I've been talking about albinos a lot recently, so I'm very happy to have Bertie the albino lop cross for a while :)

Oh no naughty Mel and Sue! T&F did that too - it was horrible to witness. I am sure they will soon be sorted out and back together or with new partners though.

Any pics of Bertie?

Robson and Jerome did it too. We need to stop naming our foster bunnies as duos as they keep getting split up!

Here is Bertie...he is really lovely.
WP_20140309_042.jpg

I'm a bit confused. Wasn't it just that their hormones had kicked in and they were ready to be neutered? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

I'm a bit confused. Wasn't it just that their hormones had kicked in and they were ready to be neutered? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

Im guessing that as they are foster bunnies they needed to go back to the rescue to be neutered and either re bonded or bonded to their own male companion afterwards

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! That makes sense.

Yep all of our buns have been fosters. They will be getting neutered within the next month or so.
Bertie is so lovely, and very different from Mel and Sue. They were crazy, but he's been cuddled on my lap all evening. Think I'm in love :love:

Back