• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Rabbit Garden Diary

katie88

Mama Doe
This year, as I'm back living with my parents for a while, my dad has kindly agreed to let me have a patch of the garden to grow some things for the bunnies. I've only ever rented before and mostly with no leeway for me to do any gardening, so I am very excited! I thought it might be nice (for me, mainly, but hopefully for someone else too :lol:) to make a diary iof everything I grow so that I can see what works and what doesn't. Feel free to add any of your own bunny garden stories/pics :D

So today I dug up all the weeds. I forgot to take a picture of it at the start but basically the whole area was grass/moss/weeds. This was it about halfway through.

My dad wanted to keep a few of his plants there so the big ones you can see are not for the rabbits. Today I have planted two lavender and one sage (far right at the front). I've also sewn some wild pansy and cornflower straight from seed so it'll be interesting to see how well they do.

I've ordered a pack of mixed rabbit seed so will plant them at the back when they arrive, along with sime separate greater plantain, hoary plantain and yarrow. I also have some thyme and californian poppy growing in the greenhouse and will plant them out when they're bigger.
I've also sewn a big pot of dandelion seeds today but wanted to keep them separate as I'm not sure my dad would appreciate me planting dandelions in his garden :lol:

I will update this as I plant new things and as everything (hopefully!) starts to grow. Feel free to add your own plant ideas

Oh how exciting :) I shall be following this thread for inspiration. Your buns are so lucky x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Brilliant. I have been thinking about doing something like this for ages. Still thinking ...

So today I planted some mixed rabbit seed which I bought here:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/190548728841

I literally just sprinkled a load down so who knows what'll grow there :lol: I also found some small sprouts of camomile in some pots which I grew last year, they must have survived the winter so I've taken them out of the pots and put them in my rabbit patch! And have sewn some plantain and yarrow seeds.

The only things left to plant out are some plants I'm growing in the greenhouse, I'll put them out when it's warmer. Now to sit and wait and see what starts growing! I'm hoping that as most of what I'm growing is wild that it should do quite well but we will see. I might put some fleece over the ground just to help it all on its way.

Hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to post some pictures of some sprouting plants!

Yeah this is good Garden Pictures i like this ..but i think your rabbit like to eat the grass from your garden because of looking like fresh greenery ..Lol ....
I am also doing gardening in my home but i am beginner now & have no idea to grow ...

Last edited:
Back