• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing bunny blankets/beds

Hi Folks
I bought one of these this week

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Horsewear-Wash-Bag-Jumbo-Size/dp/B0057WA5L0

on the recommendation of my ratty friends.

I used it to wash the bunny beds this weekend and it works a treat. You can tumble dry in it too. :thumb:

No more "mohair effect" pants covered in rat/rabbit fur :D

Ooh, fantastic! I wash some things in the washing machine but my mom makes it furiously beat anything to get hay/hair off, as she doesn't want it to clog the machine. Does it really trap it all? And is it easy to clean the fur out of it later, or is it just as hard as picking it off wet nasty towels?

Wow I didn't know these things existed. I'm always worried about blocking my machine washing endless vet beds.

Thanks so much :)

Traps the hair really well and because we tumble dry in the bag we just shook everything out afterwards because it's dry. The rat folk swear by them. I'm going to use it for the rat hammock and the fleece we line their cage with and the cat's beds.
I reckon it's money well spent as it can't do the washing machine any good aside for the mohair knickers issue!
I was also thinking about getting one for my husbands work clothes, he's a joiner so his stuff is full of sawdust and rubble.

I have one as well. Great for dogs bedding.

Love the 'mohair effect' pants comment!!!

Ooh, I might have to get one of those. I may have killed the washing machine with hay :oops: It leaks quite a lot at the moment. Will one of those bags take a whole machine load though? I have a lot of hay covered towels to wash.

Hi Folks
I bought one of these this week

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Horsewear-Wash-Bag-Jumbo-Size/dp/B0057WA5L0

on the recommendation of my ratty friends.

I used it to wash the bunny beds this weekend and it works a treat. You can tumble dry in it too. :thumb:

No more "mohair effect" pants covered in rat/rabbit fur :D

My daughter saw that mentioned on a ratty forum she's on the other day and asked if she could have one (9 rats equals a LOT of dirty hamocks!) so I think I'll get her one and then "borrow" it for bunny things too. :lol:

Back