• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Penny (help with breed?)

~Chey~

Young Bun
I couldn't resist posting a thread to show off my new bunny Penny :love:
I brought her home from adoption yesterday- she's the most timid rabbit i've ever come across, she's so gentle and hasn't any signs whats so ever of being grumpy or aggressive which i'm hoping doesn't change once she's comfortable here :lol:
She's in for her neuter on thursday then once healed she'll be bonded with my dwarf Lop.. So excited.!
My mum seems to think she's ugly but i think she has the most gorgeous face-
does anybody have any idea on her breed?? i'm completely clueless..

slowly over coming her fears...

I caught a bunny flop!!!!!:love::love::love::lol:

Well she's 100% not ugly!!! She's beautiful :love: I know the colour is agouti, I love agoutis! I'm no good on breeds but with the size of the ears and slim face I'd say she's got some Belgian hare in her?

Ooooo she's beautiful!! She's got that lovely Wildie look about her!:love::love:

Love the little white spot on her nose.

I think she's elegant.

:love::love:

Pretty sure mine is a domestic and they look very similar!
qa5uta8u.jpg

Well she's 100% not ugly!!! She's beautiful :love: I know the colour is agouti, I love agoutis! I'm no good on breeds but with the size of the ears and slim face I'd say she's got some Belgian hare in her?

I agree with this (although I'm not much good at breeds either!). She's beautiful!

I thought the exact same with the Belgium hare but she's very small! The rescue thought she was around 6 months old so unsure if she'll grow much more- she has the body/muscle/face of a Belgium but its almost like she's shrunk? :lol:
I'm completely in love with her :love:

I think she has descended from a wildie crossed hare crossed something domestic. She would be described as just a cross breed.

Bunnies are often hard to define as a breed as they are so often a mixture of different breeds. I have Mr B who is a pure breed cashmere and came from a breeder (ended up in rescue after breeder was going to dispose of him) and then Strawberry who looks like a lion head but weighs 3.5kg so is certainly mixed with something much bigger!

She is going to be big I would think, with those ears! She likes tearing up cardboard and paper so no different in that respect. She's a lovely bunny!

Aw she's gorgeous :love: definitely agree on the wildie cross, I wonder if there may be some dutch in her lineage somewhere because of the little white nose and front paws. She's lovely

She's beautiful :love: no idea on breed, maybe wildie cross like others have said, although Lilly had a very slender face shape when she was really young and then filled out when older (although she is definitely not wildie cross due to her colour!), so maybe she's just a mix of domestic breeds? Definitely agouti though :D

My mum said Lilly was ugly when I first got her too! In fact everyone did! She wasn't, she was very cute, it was just her ears and feet were way too big for her! :lol:

Oh she is just beautiful. I love agouti coloured rabbits. Those ears x I like her little white nose and paws xxxx

Good luck with the spay on thursday. Dont forget to ask for pain relief to take home. I hope the bonding goes well when the time comes.

She really is wonderful x:love:x

Awwww, she's stunning! :love: She has the look of a wildie, perfect, they way rabbits should look. Plus a gorgeous little nose :love:

Back