• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit jumping up walls

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Hi,
Bit of an odd question here. .. I have 2 house rabbits. One of whom has made several attempts to jump up the walls. It's not an attempt to get out anywhere as they've the full run of downstairs and the walls she chooses are literally bare walls that she tries to jump up (and falls back down) she's never hurt herself and it's very occasional so I'm not worried I just wondered if anyone else's rabbits do this? Or do I just have another odd bod bunny?!

No idea, but when Poppy was an outdoor rabbit she would climb the walls.. She had a 7ft double hutch at one point and would climb up the wall behind it then run down the sloped wall and catapult herself off ..

I just can't see her logic it's not like there's anything to jump for like she can't be thinking of jumping onto something higher. Bless her she's probably just testing her own limits and I'm here calling her weird!

I used to think Poppy was jumping up to the little 'perch' that was on the wall, but nope, she just kept going! She turned into a spider bunny.. :roll:

Maybe she's practicing some parkour :lol:

Bear does this!!
It's like he's trying to jump out of the room :lol:
I have absolutely no idea why, he free ranges too. He's quite an escape artist when he's In a puppy pen so wondering if he thinks he can get somewhere more exciting!

Tango does this up the side of the house... I think he is convinced that if he can jump high enough he will reach the top and see what's on the other side!

Back